Temporary IT Lead Technical Specialist (Office 365)
We are looking for an experienced IT Lead Technical Specialist (Office 365) to join our IT Team in our Meadowside office in Dundee (and this role can support remote working). As part of a fully integrated and multi-skilled Service Support Team, you will operate as a lead technical specialist and source of expertise to facilitate delivery of Second/Third Level support, administration and maintenance of DC Thomson’s Information Systems and Services, with particular focus around the adoption and support of Office 365 and the Microsoft Modern Workplace.
This is a varied role and you will carry out a wide range of duties which includes:
- Service Delivery
- Using specialist expertise in Office 365, work with, advise and support the wider IT team, team leaders and service delivery management to ensure efficient delivery of systems, services, support tickets, operational change and BAU IT operational service delivery to agreed KPI and quality standards.
- Providing advanced expertise and immediate response as required liaising with senior business stakeholders, technical colleagues and third party support vendors.
- Provide specialist in-depth knowledge to support operational aspects of change projects with touchpoints in Office 365 from a technical perspective, advising liaising and communicating with project teams and stakeholders and documenting recommended proposals or changes to support peers.
- Respond promptly to requests and enquiries from peers, external suppliers and users and act in a second line and/or escalated support function to the IT helpdesk and operational team for resolution of complex technical issues in a professional manner
- Manage workload of support tickets, operational BAU activities and project activities in line with business needs and stakeholder requirements escalating as required to ensure on-time delivery
- Be knowledgeable of and act in adherence to all license utilisation requirements and volumes at all times escalating immediately and invoking remediation activities should discrepancies arise.
- Documenting and sharing of procedures and practices within the department to ensure knowledge transfer and skill development for the operational and helpdesk team and performing all administration duties related to keeping information current.
- Ownership of Office 365 support queue from initial troubleshooting to resolution
- Document resolutions and coach Help Desk to adopt Office 365 as part of BAU tool set
- Office 365 Tenant Management, SharePoint Online Administration, Power Platform Knowledge/Administration and MS Teams Administration
- Facilitate/host Office 365 Adoption webinars/Q&A sessionsand administer the Office 365 Adoption Hub SharePoint Site
- Assist with Migration Project Delivery including Exchange on-prem to online, local file storage to SharePoint Online
- Provision of expert knowledge and solutions to specific Office 365 opportunities to develop more efficient ways of working for staff.
- Explain in a way that users can understand, the front-end side of Office 365 to people with a range of technical knowledge allowing them to leverage the benefits of the platform
- IT Device, Security & Access Controls – Advise on Office 365 security configuration and management. Ensuring appropriate Systems and Information Security requirements and approved Configuration Settings are maintained and applied to help protect:
- Endpoint Devices – such as, PC, Mac, iPad, Mobile Telephones, Printers, Wi-Fi Access Points and other Communication Devices;
- User Identity and Logical Access – such as, Active Directory, Network Administration, Microsoft Exchange/Outlook and Production Systems, Services or Applications.
- IT Assets and Sensitive Documents, Information or Data
- Problem Management – As a source of specialist skills and knowledge, lead on the diagnosis of problems, using relevant subject matter expertise to assess and analyse root causes; identifying, documenting and applying workarounds and implementing identified resolutions through appropriate Change Controls and Release Management processes.
The successful candidate will have an IT related degree or commensurate experience in an IT operational environment. You will have demonstrable analytical skills and the ability to see and communicate to different business areas the wider technical perspective and implications. It is essential that you have in-depth knowledge of the full Modern Microsoft Workspace including a working knowledge of Microsoft 365 Essentials, Microsoft Azure Essentials, Microsoft Power Platform Essentials and MCSA: Office 365. You will be passionate and have the flexibility and adaptability to work with new systems and processes.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.