Temporary IT Buyer
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
brightsolid is a digital services provider that provides Colocation and Cloud Solutions for Scotland and beyond. Our approach empowers our customers to drive technology-related business transformation, as well as implement data hosting strategies to support wider digitalisation
We have an exciting vacancy for an IT Buyer who will support the business in driving excellent supplier and partner performance on behalf of the business and the customer. This role is temporary for a period of 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave.
Working within the Finance team, you will be responsible for procurement for brightsolid. You will also build good, strong relationships with key suppliers and partners, understanding processes (at our end and at their end) and feeding this knowledge into the business, ensuring that the overall delivery timeframes are not adversely impacted by the procurement phase or during this lifecycle. You will also work closely with all Sales and Operational teams to gain insight and understanding into where you can add real value in the procurement delivery whilst proactively managing suppliers to deliver on time, on budget and to spec.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of the brightsolid procurement profile with focus on continuous improvement within procurement.
- To manage and continuously review the Purchase Order Systems and processes to ensure they are accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business
- Report on supplier related performance – spend, buffer stock, lead-times etc.
- Continually review the overall “value” offered by existing suppliers and ensure that brightsolid’s procurement remains competitive.
- Manage regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
- To work with the project management team to ensure all project related orders are expedited effectively.
- Resolve any discrepancies between the PO & invoice via effective good’s in checking.
- To ensure prompt and timely approval of any PO’s that require intervention from the Procurement Officer
- To build strong relationships and communicate regularly with all suppliers within the Portfolio.
- To maintain asset register and service schedules for brightsolid.
- Ensures that all work is compliant and consistent with the needs of our Information Security Management System (ISMS – 27001 : 2013) and Business Continuity Management System (BCMS – 22301 : 2012) requirements as well as carrying out further roles and responsibilities assigned by Information Security Management Committee (ISMC) & Business Continuity Management Committee (BCMC) as required to support our implementation of both Management Systems
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- A proven track record of procurement/buying experience within IT industry
- Extensive knowledge on a broad range of commercial issues such as; negotiation, benchmarking, spend and savings analysis, pricing reviews etc.
- Comfortable with data analytics – Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in a service orientated procurement environment.
- Practical supplier management experience.
- Accurate and timely communications to all relevant stakeholders, ensuring the customer is at the heart of what you do.
- Highly collaborative and communicative
- Process creation and continuous improvement and someone who is a Self-starter; responsible for driving the business forward through effective management and oversight of your business area and your colleagues.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, temporary position, working 35 hours per week from either brightsolid’s Dundee or Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.