Do you want to inspire our customers by helping them successfully adopt the next generation of hybrid cloud services to drive business advantage? Do you have a strong track record working with technologies such as Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server, Veeam coupled with extensive experience driving automation?
If the answer is YES, then we have an exciting opportunity to join our amazing team based in Aberdeen or Dundee.
What will you do at Brightsolid?
Brightsolid is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer with great customer service skills and excellent working knowledge of multiple platforms including Hyper-V, VMWare, Windows Server, Linux & Veeam to name a few. You will be:
- Ensuring our customer requests, incidents and changes are responded to within agreed service levels and where possible fulfilled within our agreed resolution targets including escalation to our engineering teams or third-party partners for further support.
- Triaging and resolving medium to high complexity requests and incidents and leveraging insight from our infrastructure monitoring platforms (e.g. Datadog) and where required use our continuous delivery toolchain (e.g. Terraform, Salt, GitLab) to push out any required changes.
- Using REST APIs, orchestration tools and scripting / infrastructure as code to develop high levels of automation.
- Continually developing your skills across IT Service Management and our core technologies including AWS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Hyper-V, Terraform, Salt, GitLab and Datadog including working towards more advanced technical accreditations (e.g. AWS DevOps Professional).
- Capturing and sharing knowledge and experience across the System Engineering team and broader organisation through blog posts, videos and training sessions.
- Participating in our on-call rota to provide support to our customers outside of normal business hours.
What are we looking for?
We recognise that this role requires a unique blend of technical and commercial skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
- Extensive experience of working with REST APIs, orchestration tools and scripting / infrastructure as code to enable high levels of automation.
- Desire to consistently deliver a high-quality service to our customers including an ability to identify and champion service improvement opportunities.
- Ability to breakdown and solve increasingly complex technical problems across multiple technology domains.
- Strong systems administration background with experience of VMWare, Hyper-V, Linux and / or Windows Server including scripting and hardware (e.g. Infinidat, DELL EMC).
- Awareness of modern architectures and the tool-chains required to effectively deploy and operate solutions at scale, ideally including tools such as Terraform, Salt, GitLab or functional equivalents.
- Ability to influence technical direction across one or more technology domains.
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Terraform) and source code management tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels.
- Awareness of security and compliance good practices.
How to stand out?
You will be currently working as a systems engineer for a large enterprise, cloud native integrator or managed service provider. You can clearly demonstrate through real examples the solutions you have deployed and managed at scale plus the business value they delivered.
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from brightsolid’s office in Aberdeen or Dundee. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.