Subscriptions Marketing Manager
DC Thomson Media has an established history of magazine publishing, developing some of the most well-known and successful titles of all time. We publish award winning magazines for both children and adults including children’s comics, boy’s and girl’s magazines, and titles such as The People’s Friend, Commando, My Weekly and the Beano.
The subscriptions team play an integral role in maximising sales and revenues of our titles. We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented subscriptions marketing professional to drive magazine subscription revenues and deliver growth through effective leadership of our talented subscriptions team.
Working with the wider business, the successful candidate will proactively develop and deliver effective consumer-led strategies to grow subscription revenues across our portfolio.
You will provide leadership to your Subscriptions team, and be an integral part of the broader Magazines business to ensure we are optimising our subscription sales potential. You will be key in ensuring the subscriptions targets are ambitious, and met, whilst providing full analysis of all subscription activity, and regularly update on performance.
- Work with the Head of Circulation and the wider business to develop a subscription marketing strategy to meet sales and financial targets.
- Provide leadership, coaching and management of the subscriptions marketing team to deliver successful multi-channel campaigns, utilising the full marketing mix.
- Grow our subscriptions base through effective, audience-led acquisition and retention marketing activities.
- Creation of impactful marketing materials to promote subscription offers, both in print and digitally, via in-mag, web, e-mail, social media and events.
- Ensure all subscription marketing campaign activities are fully GDPR compliant.
- Work closely with publishers and editors in delivering the best possible campaigns for our target audiences.
- Liaise with our subscriptions bureau and customer service team to ensure all campaigns are set up correctly and we deliver an effective customer journey.
- Effective analysis of all marketing campaigns to measure ROI, and refine strategy accordingly.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive subscription marketing experience, ideally within magazine publishing, or within a commercial b2c media subscription marketing environment.
- You will have a proven track record of delivering success marketing campaigns both digitally and in print.
- You will have a proactive leadership style, with strong managerial experience.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills are a must, as is enthusiasm and solutions-focus mind set.
- You should be results orientated, with strong analytical ability, and exceptional commercial acumen.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our office located in Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen or London. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.