Full and part-time opportunities
DC Thomson Media’s Apollo programme is transforming our news brands business and publishing platforms to include expanded digital products and content, as well as the already successful print titles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a business that continues to invest in journalism, its
future and its teams.
If you have a keen interest in current affairs, can write on a variety of subjects and hate seeing an apostrophe in the wrong place or a full-stop missing, you’re just the person we’re looking for.
Working in a fast-paced environment dealing with the full range of DC Thomson Media’s print and digital titles you will:
Use InDesign and InCopy to:
- Craft compelling headlines, captions and story intros which grab our readers’ attention
- Polish journalists’ work, correcting spelling and grammar, rewriting copy to ensure the text fits the space, is logically structured and tells the whole story
- Ensure copy complies with legal and editorial guidelines and is factually correct, liaising with contributors as required
- Process a high volume of pages, accurately, to tight deadlines
You should have:
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Editorial experience in newspapers, magazines or other publications
- Good IT skills
It helps if you have:
- A relevant qualification (but experience counts just as much)
- Knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice (but we’ll train you if you don’t)
Full-time: 35hrs/wk. Shifts: 10am-6pm / 4pm-midnight. Sunday shifts on rota.
Part-time: minimum two days/wk.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, wellbeing initiatives, staff discounts and the chance to join one of the UK’s more successful media groups with the opportunity for progression and ongoing training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org