Do you want to inspire our customers by helping them successfully adopt the next generation of hybrid cloud services to drive business advantage? Do you have a strong track record working with technologies such as AWS and VMWare plus understand how to design and build new hybrid cloud services with strong controls?
If the answer is YES, then we have an exciting opportunity to join our exciting team based in Dundee, Aberdeen, or Edinburgh.
What will you do at Brightsolid?
Brightsolid is looking for a Solutions Architect who can guide our customers on their hybrid cloud journey, design market leading, and optimised, hybrid cloud solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Act as a trusted advisor to our customers by helping them understand how to take advantage of the technical and business opportunities offered by our hybrid cloud solutions and services including the development of their hybrid cloud strategy and roadmap.
- Work closely with our Sales Team in a presales capacity and lead the development of winning proposals to meet our customer needs including accountability for solutions design and associated costs.
- Develop and shape winning opportunities bringing together the best of breed solutions from the Brightsolid portfolio of products and services.
- Provide technical leadership and direction on project engagements covering the design, build and migration to new hybrid cloud services that exploit public cloud infrastructure and platform services plus cloud native design patterns that meet specific customer needs.
- Play a key role in helping Brightsolid define and implement new commercially and technically viable hybrid cloud products and services that meet the needs of our customers both today and in the future.
- Competently design cost-effective, secure and performant hybrid cloud services that can be built and operated by our Operational Teams.
- Be a recognised as a trusted advisor by our customers who can help guide senior IT and business stakeholders through their cloud transformation agenda.
What are we looking for?
We recognise that this role requires a unique blend of technical and commercial skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
- Strong experience working in a technical presales capacity including the authoring compelling winning proposals that differentiate and highlight the value of the proposed services and solutions to meet the customers business outcomes.
- Strong strategic planning knowledge and experience including an understanding how to identify business needs, problems, and risks.
- Experience as a strong influencer, able to guide our customers plus Brightsolid leadership, sales and technical teams towards a shared goal.
- Enthusiasm and passion for using hybrid cloud platforms to help our customers build new innovative services and attitude to “go above and beyond” to deliver on commitments.
- Demonstrable experience leading the design of hybrid cloud solutions using VMWare and AWS. You may have one or more professional certifications from one or more of the leading public cloud providers.
- Knowledge and experience of modern architectures (containers / serverless / micro-services) and the toolchains required to effectively deploy and manage cloud services at scale.
- The ability to think “outside the box” to develop creative and innovative solutions to meet our customer’s business and technology needs.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise technology platforms covering server, storage, network, hypervisor, and operating system components.
- Comfortable engaging business and technology stakeholders. You will possess strong presentation, diagramming and documentation skills.
How to stand out?
You will be currently working in a cloud/infrastructure/solutions architect or pre-sales role. You can clearly demonstrate through real examples the winning hybrid cloud solutions you have proposed and how they exploited modern architectures to meet the customer’s business and technology.
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our brightsolid offices based in either Dundee, Aberdeen or Edinburgh. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.