Findmypast is looking for Software Engineers who want to make a difference to join our growing Dundee team. We want passionate people who use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way people research social and family history.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and deploy user experiences with a focus on usability, high availability, low latency and scalability
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- You will take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team and buy into a DevOps culture
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour and attending conferences
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests
- Work from our office in Shoreditch, London.
Who You Are
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages and are up for learning more
- You love learning and embrace our self-directed daily learning hour, mentorship and Engineering guilds
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development
- You love working as part of a team
Our tech stack
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. Millions of users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, collaborative, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.