Service Desk Analyst
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
Brightsolid are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join their team based in Dundee.
As a Service Desk Analyst you are the primary contact for all Brightsolid customers as well as internal users.it is the responsibility of the Service Desk to log and respond to customer calls and emails, investigating and fixing issues and where necessary, escalating to the appropriate team for resolution.
The successful candidate will be someone that is highly adaptable, able to think on their feet and own any customer issues through to a successful resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Answering customer calls, emails and tickets coming into the Service Desk based on your understanding of the issue(s).
Dealing with 1st and 2nd line server support tickets as well as 1st 2nd and 3rd line internal desktop issues escalating as appropriate.
Help to maintain and ensure the quality of all documentation and processes relating to the service desk support role including capturing new learning and sharing this knowledge with the team.
Monitoring alerts and escalating as appropriate. Any additional tasks as requested by the line manager
- Excellent written and communication skills, with a patient and professional telephone manner.
- Works well in a team and by themselves.
- Customer centric mindset, focused on surpassing expectations, “the customer is at the heart of what we do”
- Methodical approach to problem solving, can ‘think outside the box’.
- The flexibility to provide some out of hour’s coverage when required.
- Essential Technical Skills:
- Hardware support skills (Desktop, Laptops and Operating Systems, servers, peripherals).
- Windows operating systems (Server and Desktop).
- Knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience in IT Administration or IT Support
- MS Active Directory administration
- MS Exchange administration
- Desirable Skills:
- Backup and restore (Veeam)
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from either brightsolid’s Dundee Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.