Service Desk Analyst
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
Do you want to inspire our customers by helping them successfully adopt the next generation of hybrid cloud services to drive business advantage? Do you have working knowledge of technologies such as AWS, Linux and Windows Server plus are curious to understand how to design, build and operate hybrid cloud services with strong controls?
If the answer is YES, then we have an exciting opportunity to join our exciting team based in Dundee.
What will you do at Brightsolid?
Brightsolid is looking for a Service Desk Analyst with a great customer service skills and a good foundation level of knowledge in core technologies such as Windows Server, Linux and AWS as well as hardware support skills. You will be:
- Acting as the first point of contact for customer calls, emails and tickets relating to service requests, incidents and changes ensuring they are managed within our Cherwell ITSM platform based on our standard service management processes.
- Ensuring our customer requests, incidents and changes are responded to within agreed service levels and where possible fulfilled within our agreed resolution targets including escalation to our engineering teams or third-party partners for further support.
- Triaging and resolving low-medium complexity requests and incidents covering technologies such as Linux, Windows Server, AWS and hardware leveraging insight from our infrastructure monitoring platforms (e.g. Datadog) and where required use our continuous delivery toolchain (e.g. Terraform, Salt, GitLab) to push out any required changes.
- Continually developing your skills across IT Service Management and our core technologies including AWS, Linux, Windows, VMWare, Terraform, Salt, GitLab, GitLab Runner and Datadog including working towards more advanced technical accreditations (e.g. AWS DevOps Professional)
- Ensuring that knowledge articles and supporting documentation are accurately maintained.
- Capturing and sharing knowledge and experience across the Service Desk team and broader organisation through knowledge articles, videos and training sessions.
What are we looking for?
We recognise that this role requires a unique blend of customer service and technical skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
- Enthusiasm and passion for using hybrid cloud platforms and high levels of automation to help our customers.
- Desire to consistently deliver a high quality service to our customers including an ability to identify and champion service improvement opportunities.
- Ability to breakdown and solve low-medium complexity technical problems across multiple technology domains.
- Foundation level of systems administration knowledge ideally covering Linux, Windows Server, AWS and hardware (e.g. servers, storage, etc.)
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Terraform) and source code management tools (e.g. GitLab, GitHub).
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a patient and professional telephone manner.
- Awareness of security good practices.
How to stand out?
It is essential that you have previous experience of working as a service desk analyst for a large enterprise, cloud native integrator or managed service provider. You will be able to think on your feet, ideally hold at least the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification and demonstrate a strong desire to learn how to engineer and operate hybrid cloud solutions.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from brightsolid’s Dundee office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org