We have an exciting opportunity for SEO Editor(s) or SEO Analyst(s) to join our Transformation team within DC Thomson. The roles will be responsible for helping to realise brand and commercial aims by aligning search efforts with business objectives. Working closely with editorial teams and other members of the audience development community, you will contribute to forward planning and proactive research to shape how content is commissioned and created, as well as play a part in optimisation at the point of publication, with the ultimate goal of making sure our content is as discoverable as possible.
- To work as directed with brand teams to edit content for discoverability at the point of production, and to feed insight into the commissioning and content development processes
- To grow a data-driven approach within content teams: translating performance data into actionable content insights, popularising the use of self-service and/or automated analytics reports, and using external data from search, social and platforms to develop and evolve strategy
- To drive forward planning, advising editorial around seasonal events, circulating research of key opportunities e.g. local elections, sporting events, and working with editorial to develop feature and franchise ideas
- To work with product teams to roadmap common site enhancements improving shareability, search visibility, discoverability of content and user experience
- To share regular best practice updates with both the editorial and commercial business units to develop understanding across the board
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills/Personal Qualities and Experience:
- Target-driven individual motivated to deliver at pace
- Experience of using a data and insight-led approach to develop content strategies and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to effectively contribute to and communicate strategy
- Ability to work closely with multiple stakeholder teams, e.g. Analytics, Insight, Editorial and Technology
- Ability to integrate into newsrooms and brand teams, working collegiately and collaboratively with broad and diverse teams
- Experience working in a busy national or regional newsroom would be desirable
- Extensive experience of SEO and related tools
- Demonstrable experience in analysis of search metrics with robust reporting and presentation skills
- Understanding of how to find and engage audiences
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com