Senior Software Engineer – Subscription Platform
Findmypast is looking for Software Engineers with experience of working on subscription management & eCommerce platforms. We have large volumes of subscribers to our products and we are continually investing in ways to re-architect our subscription and entitlement platform to continue to give our business freedom and flexibility in testing new ways to offer Findmypast services to customers. We’re looking for Engineers who want to get stuck into systems and take them to a better place using industry best practices. We want passionate people that use the right technology for solving problems and like to deliver in a lean-agile environment. Together we try to find new ways to create a great experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way people research social and family history.
Our tech stack
Check out our tech blog here: https://tech.findmypast.com
What you’ll do:
- Design, develop and deploy our subscription platform with a focus on reliability, high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with other Engineers, the Analytics and Finance teams and become a valued member of an autonomous cross-functional team.
- Take operational responsibility for the Findmypast subscription platform that will be owned by your team and commit to our DevOps culture.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth through a detailed progression framework, daily learning hour and attending conferences.
- Carefully improve our platform through advance techniques like dark launches and hot path refactoring.
Who you are
- You have experience of owning and extending an e-commerce subscription platform or maintaining an integration to a 3rd party subscription platform like Recurly or Stripe.
- You have experience and a strong interest in refactoring and decoupling existing systems with complex business logic to simplify them and make them more extensible to future change.
- You are comfortable coding in one or more programming languages and are up for learning more.
- You love learning and embrace our daily learning hour, coaching and mentorship.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like pair programming, upfront automated testing, continuous deployment, and trunk based development.
- You are a strong communicator and love working as part of a team.
At Findmypast, what we do has the power to change lives. Our mission? To help everyone discover and celebrate how they’re uniquely connected. We believe that life should be understood backwards but lived forwards. It’s an ethos that is brought to life through unmatched data and service, helping our members make rich family discoveries through billions of historical records.
We’re a group of passionate and talented individuals with four key values underpinning everything we do:
– Honour History
– Stay Curious
– Create Magic
– Be Human
We’re a British-owned company based in London, Dundee, Dublin and the USA. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams and enjoy celebrating success together in our weekly tech demos and regular social activities. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website