Senior Network Engineer
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer who can configure, operate, and troubleshoot complex network systems. This is an exciting and fast paced role working within our Network Operations Department, liaising with our service desk, project management team, design, engineering, and commercial departments.
What will you do at Brightsolid?
You will be joining a friendly, skilled team with vast experience in the data centre industry. This position will be an opportunity for career development in a growing, forward-thinking organisation working with a wide range of market-leading vendors primarily focused on Cisco technologies.
You will be:
- Proactively supporting a wide range of networks within our core data centre network and extending out to the public cloud, as well as our customer networks both hosted and remote.
- Ensuring our customer requests, incidents and changes are responded to within agreed service levels and where possible fulfilled within our agreed resolution targets including escalation to our engineering teams or third-party partners for further support.
- Designing, configuring, and troubleshooting complex Cisco WAN and LAN environments with a “secure by design” mindset at all times.
- Ensuring the optimal operation of ISP Core Network.
- Creating, updating, and maintaining network documentation and diagrams.
- Leveraging our network monitoring systems to ensure that all devices are maintained to the highest standards and using the most appropriate firmware.
- Working closely with our Customers, Engineers and Product Manager to maintain and prioritise workloads.
- Continually developing your skills across IT Service Management and our core technologies including Cisco routing and switching, Cisco Security, Cisco DevNet, AWS, and working towards more advanced technical accreditations as appropriate.
- Capturing and sharing knowledge and experience across the Network Engineering team and broader organisation through blog posts, videos, and training sessions.
- Participating in our on-call rota to provide support to our customers outside of normal business hours.
What are we looking for?
We recognise that this role requires a unique blend of technical and commercial skills and experience. To be successful you will bring:
- A current CCNP certification with in-depth experience and be driven to maintain certification standards with a desire to leverage continual learning and certification opportunities.
- Demonstrable experience of advanced routing, switching and firewall management are essential. A working knowledge of ISE, load-balancers or public cloud would be beneficial.
- Desire to consistently deliver a high-quality service to our customers including an ability to identify and champion service improvement opportunities.
- Ability to breakdown and solve increasingly complex technical problems across multiple technology domains.
- Strong network administration and design background with experience of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls. Experience of network automation or Software Defined Networking would also be an advantage.
- Ability to influence technical direction across one or more technology domains.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage technical and business stakeholders at all levels.
- Awareness of security and compliance good practices.
How to stand out?
You will be currently working as a network engineer for a large enterprise or managed service provider. You can clearly demonstrate through real examples the solutions you have designed, deployed, and managed plus the business value they delivered and the lessons that you’ve learned as part of this journey.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from either brightsolid’s Aberdeen or Dundee office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com