DC Thomson Media is looking for an experienced news reporter to join its Live Team to cover the north and north-east of Scotland.
This team is the beating heart of our Inverness and Aberdeen newsrooms, working in a fast-paced environment to create digital-first content. We tell our readers what they need to know and what they will undoubtedly want to know, working on breaking news across the region as well as trending stories relevant to our audience.
This well-resourced team is fundamental in maintaining the Press and Journal and Evening Express brands’ reputations for producing quick, reliable and trusted news better than anyone else in our geographies.
We are looking for a senior journalist with a minimum of one year’s newsroom experience, who can hit the ground running in our Inverness office.
We want people who will thrive in an environment of turning around stories quickly and seeing the immediate response from our digital audiences. They should have a track record of digitally optimising content making use of a range of multimedia tools and have the expertise to uncover the information our readers are desperate to find out when major stories break in our areas.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a senior journalist, with newsroom experience, have a track record of breaking stories online and generating ideas for exclusive and engaging content.
- Be willing to work shifts, including weekends on a rota basis.
- Have a passion for working in a fast-paced environment
- Have a willingness to embrace new skills and tools in the digital arena such as SEO, social media, video, audio etc.
- Ability to work in a team, collaborating on ideas and sharing responsibility for meeting newsroom targets
- Have highly-developed communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice, GDPR and media law
- Have a full driving licence
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Inverness office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.