Senior Data Scientist
Working within the Data Science & Insights team at Findmypast, you will apply advanced analytical, statistical and machine learning techniques to derive high value insights from FMP data. Just as important is that you have the ability to translate these learnings into easily understandable actions that can be used by the wider team to drive the business forward. Furthermore, you will feel comfortable working on several projects concurrently whilst helping to nurture and lead junior team members.
What We’re Looking For
- Ability to translate business problems into data science solutions.
- Experience developing, implementing and deploying predictive models, machine learning algorithms or simulations.
- Experience with code collaboration and version control, e.g. Bitbucket, Github etc.
- Proven ability to communicate results and insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrable experience building relationships with other business units, directly adding value to the business via data and searching for new ways to influence the business using data.
- Proven ability to define, lead and deliver valuable data science projects.
- Experience in multiple facets of data science including pipeline engineering, dataset curation and data presentation.
- Advanced understanding of modern data science methodologies and tool kits.
- Advanced quantitative degree with ideally 2+ years as a Data Scientist in industry.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience in at least one of R, Python, Matlab or C/C++.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Snowplow.
- Experience with Looker.
- Experience analysing user-based data, e.g. user segmentation, behavioural analysis.
- Experience with Data Engineering.
At Findmypast, what we do has the power to change lives. Our mission? To help everyone discover and celebrate how they’re uniquely connected. We believe that life should be understood backwards but lived forwards. It’s an ethos that is brought to life through unmatched data and service, helping our members make rich family discoveries through billions of historical records.
We’re a group of passionate and talented individuals with four key values underpinning everything we do:
– Honour History
– Stay Curious
– Create Magic
– Be Human
We’re a British-owned company based in London, Dundee, Dublin and the USA. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams and enjoy celebrating success together in our weekly tech demos and regular social activities. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website