Senior CRM Manager
You will be a pivotal figure in maximising the customer active retention within Findmypast by identifying and championing opportunities for future growth. The right candidate will have a passion for understanding and really defining how changes in the behaviour of the customers journey will have huge impacts for the customer success. You will love understanding data and will be confident analysing user and performance data from a variety of sources. You will also be as happy to think strategically as you will be to roll your sleeves up and get into the detail when necessary. If you want to be a part of changing how people see their lives and how they belong and play an essential role in their discoveries then this is the role for you.
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
As a technology company, we are fortunate to be able to work 100% remotely during these unprecedented times. Over 20% of employees have joined Findmypast since the start of the pandemic and we have made sure our people are well supported, found new ways to connect while working remotely and even held our annual offsite company meeting virtually for the first time.
Looking to the future in a post pandemic world, we anticipate that our teams might spend 30% or more of their time collaborating in person at our offices in either our London or Dundee hubs and up to 70% remotely.
Key responsibilities for you and to lead the team to deliver on, are as follows:
- Grow user engagement through customer behavioural understanding on and off product. You’ll base this on behavioural data insight, customer attitudes and lifecycle insights. Help to lead the customer to discoveries by recommending the right experience, feature or discovery at the right time in the right channel. To enable this, you will need to work within a SCRUM like environment with the Product and Data Science teams to ensure the customer’s journey is seamless.
- Be the internal lead for all customer conversations that depart from the platform. You’ll need to ensure you’re continually monitoring and maximising the drivers of active customer engagement. These would include but are not limited to trial to subscription metrics, active user retention, and measures of customer contribution. You’ll use this to influence business partners such as product/engineering and design to recommend customer enhancements that drive to improve customer retention.
- Ensure the CRM platform is continually optimised and that you’re collaborating with relevant teams to ensure CRM architecture works seamlessly across the organisation and captures all required information at key points in the customer life cycle.
- Working alongside other team members, leverage expert content creators in the community to inform new off platform and community user journeys and onboarding paths. Build community engagement programmes geared to generate content contribution and peer to peer sharing.
- Team management – you will lead and develop a high-performing team who can use analysis to self-assess and improve CRM programs and overall customer engagement. Develop and ensure the team are customer focussed with a passion for results and continuous improvement. Think about your succession plan and developing a team to embody execution culture and who work to the values of the organisation.
What we’re looking for:
Essential skills and experience
- Significant CRM experience and experience of working on customer behavioural relationship management within a product led company.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of digital marketing in a growth company.
- Ability to think strategically and follow through with data driven decisions.
- Strong campaign planning skills – dynamic campaign planning, performance and reporting skills.
- Expert understanding of key email fundamentals (spam compliance, deliverability, bounces etc.)
- Experience and understanding of A/B testing, website usability and conversion optimisation and testing against control.
- Creative mindset with an exceptional eye for detail and quality.
- Advanced level HTML.
- Ability to lead and help prioritise competing tasks for the team while working to tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a strategic mindset and happy to roll sleeves up.
- Autonomous and confident in communicating your decision making and coaching this to the team.
- Able to work within a product practice, forming a triangle with Data Science and the Product team.
- Ability to manage budgets and report on commercial and customer improvements.
- Strong communicator who is great at building relationships, working cross-functionally and managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics and Looker).
- Some experience of SQL.
- Experience with Selligent Marketing Cloud.
- An interest in Family History.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!