Senior CRM Executive
One of the leading websites for family research in the world, Findmypast has helped to transform the way people learn about their ancestors. With over 9 billion historical records, we work tirelessly to digitise the world’s archives and help people discover and share their family stories. Millions of users have registered with our products and services around the world, which include Findmypast, Genes Reunited, and the British Newspaper Archive.
We’re a British-owned company of 150 based in Shoreditch, London and Dundee, Scotland with offices in Ireland and the United States. We work in small, collaborative, cross-functional teams to solve customer and business problems. Our work combines technology and innovation with personal human stories, and we enjoy celebrating success together. There are tech demos weekly, a monthly lunch for everyone, and parties and charity activities during the year. In a continuous learning environment and a fast-moving market, there are real opportunities to gain new experiences and make a lasting mark on our product, business, and customers.
What you’ll do here:
You’ll be part of a team of 3 and report into our CRM Manager. The team’s key objective is to maximise retention by identifying and championing opportunities for future growth. You’ll be a key part, working together to enable this objective to be fulfilled. The right candidate will have a passion for defining and utilising data and improving customer journeys. You would ideally have experience with Selligent, our ESP. You’ll have experience in building lifecycle campaigns that cater for specific journeys. You will love data and will be confident analysing user and performance data from a variety of sources. You will love being in the detail and delivering campaigns, and lifecycle communications. You’ll love ensuring that customers are getting the right communications at the most appropriate time for them.
In this role you will:
- Work closely within the CRM team to manage email, mobile and web tools to create behavioural customer messaging across brands and territories as well as identifying and championing opportunities for future growth.
- Also work together with Analytics and independently to identify trends, behaviour within standard reports. You’ll look for further opportunities for customer re-engagement, with the CRM and Analytics team, delivering these key insights to the business.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing and Product teams to deliver activity to drive conversion, cross-sell, upsell, retention and re-engagement initiatives.
- Be comfortable writing marketing campaign briefs, creating discounts and delivering campaigns across segments to support the marketing calendar and be at ease reporting on these post campaign activities to key stakeholders.
- Work with the CRM ESP (Selligent) to implement campaigns and journeys.
- Work closely with the Customer Service team to understand how to implement an excellent customer experience and resolve customer complaints relating to CRM activity.
- Work with the growth team to ensure retargeting campaigns are not overlapping and deliver against forecasted numbers.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of defining and utilising customer segmentation.
- Able to be hands on and task driven and follow through with data-driven decisions.
- Self-motivated, autonomous and confident in taking on new challenges.
- Knowledge of key email fundamentals (spam compliance, deliverability, bounces etc.)
- Great understanding of A/B testing, website usability and conversion optimisation.
- Have an exceptional eye for detail, quality and data.
- Intermediate level HTML- confident editing HTML templates and creating dynamic sections to serve relevant and personalised customer information..
- Excellent organisation skills, able to prioritise competing tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Able to manage day-to-day relationships with stakeholders to execute campaigns accurately on budget and on time.
- Strong communicator who is great at building relationships, working cross functionally and managing 3rd party suppliers.
- Highly computer literate with advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong multitasker – dynamic campaign planning, performance and reporting skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Significant CRM experience (ideally 2-3 years) and experience working with cloud-based tools.
- Experience with Web Analytics tools (Google Analytics).
- Experience with marketing automation tools, ideally Selligent Marketing Cloud.
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies.
- An interest in Family History/Genealogy.
Personal qualities Benefits
- Passionate about the work you do, with understanding of how it contributes to the business’ growth.
- Friendly, approachable and communicative.
- Eager to work on new and exciting projects while balancing revenue targets and BAU.
We’re passionate about building a great CRM team! Please apply now.
Benefits vary by location.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays (excluding UK bank holidays)
- Pension contribution match
- Flexible working
- Health and dental cash plan
- Season travel tickets
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Access to learning and training opportunities, including going to conferences around the world
- Employee Assistance Programme and on-site Mental Health First Aiders
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff discounts
- Monthly company lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen, coffee, soft drinks, breakfast materials and fresh fruit
- Regular Social Events such as summer parties, Christmas parties, Friday drinks and snacks
- Subscription to Findmypast website