DC Thomson Media has an established history of magazine publishing developing some of the most well-known and successful titles of all time.
Living Magazine is a glossy quarterly magazine which shines the spotlight on local people, life and business throughout Scotland. Our Living readers enjoy the finer things in life so every issue features engaging editorials and advertorials ranging from arts, culture and food, to fashion, homes and health tailored to their lifestyles and interest in luxury brands combined with comprehensive guides to events and entertainment in the local area.
We are looking for a professional, commercially focused and highly driven individual to join our successful sales team to generate high end advertising for our Living Magazine throughout Scotland.
The role requires you to work to defined KPI’s, canvass and sell to clients by both telephone and in person with the key objective being to maintain, grow and source clients with advertising requirements.
We are looking for enthusiastic, driven and possess a strategic mindset where you are not afraid to think outside of the box and push the norms.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Previous B2C/B2B advertising sales experience is preferable, however, multimedia experience in digital and print environment is highly desirable.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering against set revenue targets and KPI’s.
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence and capability to cold call businesses and successfully arrange appointments over the telephone.
- A desire to learn new multimedia products and develop new competencies/abilities.
- A competitive and resilient mindset with the determination to succeed in a commercial environment.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.