Quantitative Research Director
WHO IS BEANO BRAIN?
BEANO BRAIN IS A GEN ALPHA & GEN Z INSIGHTS CONSULTANCY FROM BEANO STUDIOS
Born from decades of experience with kids, we help companies build their own connections with families using our unparalleled knowledge of Gen Alpha, Gen Z, and their Millennial parents.
Our bespoke consulting solutions help brands stay ahead of trends and prepare for the future by using the power of big data and pairing millions of proprietary data points with rich, qualitative panels and bespoke insight.
We love working with clients who are purposeful and are not afraid to ruffle a few feathers, like us!
We are on a mission to build an empathetic, insightful, and often untold view of kids, teens, and their families to inspire innovation for businesses and brands.
BEANO BRAIN is seeking a Quantitative Research Director who is passionate about kids and families and an advocate of the role that authentic insight can play to drive business decisions
With strong quantitative skills and experience, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with the team to continue to build a new and vibrant business. You will be motivated by the unique opportunity to work on internal insight for an iconic kids brand, as well as commercial insight for international clients who need inspiration about and connection with kids and families.
This role has a unique, dual purpose:
- To deliver quality research and turn internal Beano Brain research findings into valuable insights and recommendations that drive revenue and profitability for Beano Studios (internal).
- To deliver Beano Brain insight products to clients and be part of the commercial insight services team, supporting them in driving client revenues for Beano Brain (external)
You will run our unique quantitative platform – Beano Brain Omnibus – which gathers COPPA-compliant responses to questions on Beano.com from its young users. You will create, collate, review, report and catalogue research questions and surveys generated on Beano.com for insight purposes, ensuring questions are designed to be child-appropriate and aligned to Beano’s editorial values.
- You will work closely with the in-house product and analytics team to develop the platform and new client products.
- You will prepare, attend and present findings and recommendations to Beano Studios and clients.
- You will work closely with the Beano Brain team to support the Digital, the Content and the Consumer Product teams with current, relevant quantitatively derived insights.
You will take responsibility for commissioning and monitoring external supplier and partner companies for internal and external quantitative projects.
- You will take client meetings and be part of the briefing and proposal process
- You will design and/or monitor quantitative surveys liaising closely with partner companies ensuring they fit with client objectives, budget and/or Beano values.
- You will propose, prepare, manage and conduct quality ad hoc quantitative research from initiation to completion.
- Proposal writing, project set up, local partner/ supplier management
- You will commission and cost out projects with research partners in global markets for proposals.
- You will commission and manage research partners in global markets for client projects ensuring sample integrity and aligning with the project objectives.
- You will identify appropriate partners to onboard for our preferred partners roster.
You will be the in-house quantitative expert and will have access to a range of statistical techniques which you will bring to bear on projects for internal and external clients.
- You will identify and recommend appropriate methodologies and techniques which meet a client’s objectives.
- You will help to upskill the wider Beano Brain team on the use and presentation of the data.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent maths and statistical skills.
- Educated to degree level (preferable but not essential).
- Sound understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques.
- Practical experience of qualitative and quantitative research gained through several years’ experience at a senior level within a market research or user experience environment.
- Experience and/or interest in kids, teens and family’s insight.
- Excellent information analysis skills.
- Excellent lateral thinking skills, in particular an ability to look beyond the obvious.
- Excellent report writing and presentation ability including a high-level of competency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of embedding and using SPSS, ideally Q (qresearchsoftware.com) or similar packages for research and upskilling colleagues in the use of such packages.
- Experience of working at and advising at a senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position (but part-time is negotiable). Beano Studios offices are based in London, but given the nature of the role, it can be carried out remotely with the occasional travel to our office. Until current restrictions are lifted, the role will be entirely home-based. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, healthcare cash plan, excellent pension and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.