Publishing Assistant (Maternity Cover)
At Aceville as part of DC Thomson Media we have an opportunity for a Publishing Assistant to join our team on a maternity cover basis.
- Operate as support & deputising on behalf of the Managing Directors and occasionally other senior managers for any and all matters specific to Aceville commercial activity
- Compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Reminding the senior management of important tasks & deadlines to meet key KPI’s
- Taking accurate minutes of meetings, following up on agreed next steps
- Coordinating office procedures
- Replying to email, telephone or face to face inquiries
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Diary management inc booking meeting rooms, taxis, couriers, hotels etc. when required
- Carrying administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, scanning etc
- Performing data entry work and files management
- Provide information to internal colleagues or external enquirers
- Maintain up-to-date staff appraisal records, including holiday management for the senior management team
- Track key account and internal metrics including but not limited to, readers surveys, awards, social media stats
- Coordinating repairs to office equipment
- Greeting and assisting visitors to the office
- Building industry contacts and business opportunities
- Campaign organisation and support
- Support with creative and commercial business, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our Aceville creative and commercial solutions according to the needs and objectives
- Identify and help grow opportunities within Aceville territory and collaborate with sales, IT, editorial, ads and promotions teams to ensure growth attainment
Key Skills Required
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once
- Diary Management
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint
- Good typing and keyboard skills
- Managing administrative processes
- A good level of English spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Experience in social media and developing engagement
Personal Skills Required
- The ability to be proactive and take the initiative.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Highly organised.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good telephone and IT skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High level of discretion and judgment.
To apply, please send your CV, a covering letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, temporary position, based in our Colchester office, we cannot guarantee a working from home arrangement. We offer a generous package including: Healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org