Project Manager (Maternity Cover)
DC Thomson is looking for an experienced Project Manager to manage the full project lifecycle for business projects and initiatives to deliver within time, cost and quality parameters and according to PMO project governance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the operational and tactical aspects of multiple business projects and initiatives through the complete lifecycle.
- Defining and planning the deliverables, resource requirements and work plans for projects, and managing their successful execution.
- Working cohesively with other Project Manager’s to produce detailed delivery schedules taking into account resource contention and strategic priorities.
- Maintaining robust control of all aspects of project delivery and ensuring all project resources (internal and external) are delivering best value to the business and project.
- Using agreed escalation procedures to ensure that issues, risks and decisions are managed.
- Ensuring all project and legal documents are complete, current, signed and stored appropriately
- Ensuring quality aspects of all deliverables are fully understood and agreed by customer/stakeholder and activities planned will result in those deliverables being met
- Managing the Project costs and ensuring that the project is delivered within budget
- Identifying tangible and intangible benefits and ensuring these are achieved within the project life cycle or are effectively handed over to a business owner for post-project monitoring
- Adopting a robust change control process to ensure changes to project scope are effectively managed
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience of gathering requirements and compiling WBS for assured identification of work effort
- Project Management Lifecycle experience
- Demonstrable experience of running multiple projects concurrently and successfully
- Professional Project Management qualification APM PMQ and /or Agile project management practice and application
- Thorough knowledge of MS Project
- The ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders including management, clients and other departments.
- The ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Excellent client facing skills.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, until end July 2022, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. Working arrangements post COVID are currently under review and we can be flexible. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org