Product Marketing Manager
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
About the role
The Product Marketing Manager role spans elements of market strategy through to the delivery of Brightsolid’s solutions and services.
The role reports to the Director Marketing & Strategy who has overarching accountability for the marketing and product strategy of the organisation and this role directly supports the definition and delivery of this.
Key responsibilities include:
- Market Definition – Define Brightsolid’s target market by product and articulate segments aligned to customer need, ensuring that the targeted markets are large enough to support the current and future business of Brightsolid’s services.
- Competitive Landscape – Identify Brightsolid’s evolving competitive landscape and alternative offerings, assessing competitive strengths and weaknesses, and regularly updating and sharing intelligence to key stakeholders.
- Win/Loss Analysis– Understand, monitor, measure and communicate why evaluators of Brightsolid’s solutions did or did not buy and understand what steps they took in the buying process to allow us to influence in future.
- Positioning – Work with CMSO and Marketing communications to contribute to the definition of Brightsolid positioning and messaging, ensuring Brightsolid products are clearly defined by their distinctive competence (Unique Selling Points) and ability to solve customer and market problems.
- Partner Management – Work collaboratively with wider stakeholder groups within Brightsolid to identify and manage suitable partners to support the wider business strategy and goals.
- Solutions Roadmap – Work collaboratively with CMO, CTO, CSO and other key stakeholders to agree, create and maintain a solutions roadmap, illustrating the vision, with the roadmap being a prediction, not a commitment.
- Pricing – Work in collaboration with Finance, Operations and Sales to establish, manage and maintain an effective pricing model as part of the Brightsolid go-to-market approach.
- Marketing Plan – Work with Marketing Communications to help contribute to the Marketing Plan with respect to product and help define the strategies and programmes that will generate awareness and leads, including measurements and goals.
- Launch – When launching new solutions to market, define launch goals and strategies and develop plans and supporting documentation from a go-to-market perspective.
- Awareness/Thought Leadership – Create and deliver strong thought leadership and content for Brightsolid across multiple areas of interest, including product, market, trends, customer drivers, technology drivers and more. Deliver presentations, as required, to internal and external audiences.
- Marketing campaigns – Work closely with Marketing communications to provide market and product information to support internal and external marketing campaigns. Create products for prospects (P4P) to support.
- Events – Provide product and market expertise for events such as conferences, tradeshows, webinars and seminars.
- Sales – Provide ongoing general support for the sales channel, whilst seeking opportunities to make support more repeatable.
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to think and act strategically
- Highly collaborative, with strong stakeholder management skills
- Capabilities as a leader/influencer, both internally and externally
- Customer focused, and service management oriented
- Ability to empathise with the market and market problems
- Ability to take a broader view of how Brightsolid delivers value to our customers
- Inquisitive and strategic approach toward uncovering market problems and customer challenges
- Confidence and ability to talking to the market, gathering data and then doing detailed independent analysis
- Ability to facilitate productive interviews, focus groups and various meetings
- Strong written and verbal communications, including storytelling
- Strong analytical thinking, research and data synthesis skills
- Strong understanding how products and services are built, delivered, sold and supported in Brightsolid
- Market knowledge of priorities, personas, problems and market segments
- Financial acumen and strong commercial understanding
- Project and programme management and experience
- Advanced knowledge of product/portfolio vision
- Strong technology understanding
- Sales-oriented thinking and strong understanding of sales process and buying process
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from brightsolid’s Dundee office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com