Product Manager – Energy
DC Thomson is fast becoming a digital first, subscriptions first business with teams and tech to match, following a period of investment in technology and commercial platforms, data science, brand, people and culture.
As part of this transformation DC Thomson is looking for a Product Manager to play a leading role in the team driving the evolution of our Energy brands within our B2B portfolio.
About DC Thomson
DC Thomson is currently undertaking the largest Transformation programme in our history. In order to strengthen our position in the Media/Publishing industry we have identified, alongside our customer community requirements, the need to offer a digital portfolio to complement our traditional business model.
We are drawing together specialisms from across our businesses and creating centres of excellence to provide the continued best value to our customers both externally and internally, through new and exciting digital products and channels.
The Product Manager is responsible for leading development of digital products within our B2B portfolio – including leading energy brand Energy Voice – to deliver experiences our customers and clients will love.
What you’ll be doing?
- Defining the product vision and managing the roadmap, engaging with key stakeholders to identify business priorities and strategic objectives
- Identifying and interpreting requirements, prioritising the backlog and driving and monitoring sprint deliverables
- Working with the developers, content, audience and commercial teams to continuously develop, monitor and enhance all aspects of user experience/audience journey across our products
- Working with some of the UK’s leading B2B brands
- Collaborating with editors and other stakeholders to shape vision and strategy for creation and delivery of content across products and brands
- Working with commercial teams to maximise revenue opportunities across our audiences, brands and digital products
What we are looking for
- A deep knowledge of the user/customer and how they engage with products, through research and data
- An appetite to work with internal teams, including audience management, data and insight, on continuous programmes of A/B testing and experiments
- Experience working within an Agile development practice
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
Things we use every day
- Jira and Confluence
- Figma, Miro and Trello
- Google Analytics and Optimize
- Microsoft product suite
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee or Aberdeen offices, hybrid or remote working. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, your birthday off, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.