Product Manager (AdTech and eCommerce)
DC Thomson is looking for a Product Manager (AdTech and eCommerce) to play a leading role in the team driving our evolution from a traditional print-focused publisher to an audience-first, digital media company.
About DC Thomson
DC Thomson is currently undertaking the largest Transformation programme in our history. In order to strengthen our position in the Media/Publishing industry we have identified, alongside our customer community requirements, the need to offer a digital portfolio to complement our traditional business model.
We are drawing together specialisms from across our businesses and creating centres of excellence to provide the continued best value to our customers both externally and internally, through new and exciting digital products and channels.
The Product Manager (AdTech and eCommerce) is responsible for leading development of commercial channels across DC Thomson Media’s digital portfolio from regional news brands to some of the UK’s leading consumer entertainment titles.
What you’ll be doing?
- Defining the product vision and managing the roadmap, engaging with key stakeholders to identify business priorities and strategic objectives
- Identifying and interpreting requirements, prioritising the backlog and driving and monitoring sprint deliverables
- Setting, managing and continuously improving workflows and processes within the product team and cross-functional product squads
- Collaborating with all parts of the DC Thomson Group ensuring Adserving and AdOps best practice is followed
- Working closely with our commercial teams to ensure that our ad products remain relevant to meet buyers’ needs
- Running regular qualitative health-checks on AdTech products to ensure that performance remains at an optimal level and present back findings/recommendations from the data
- Working closely with wider product and digital teams to ensure that AdTech has a positive impact on our websites
What we are looking for
- A deep knowledge of the user/customer and how they engage with products, through research and data
- Practical working knowledge of Google Ad Manager – knowledge of Header-bidding (ideally prebid.js) and Magento would be beneficial
- Knowledge of campaign metrics including CPC, CTR, CPA and viewability and have ideas on how we can move beyond current action based metrics to more engaged and meaningful metrics for both the DC Thomson Group and advertisers
- Experience working within an agile development practice
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
Things we use every day
- Google Ad Manager
- Google Analytics and Optimize
- Microsoft product suite
We offer a generous package including:
- 34 days holiday
- Your birthday off
- Health cash plan
- Excellent pension
- Competitive salary
- Many more staff discounts and benefits
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our offices in either Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow or remotely. Working arrangements post COVID are currently under review and we can be flexible. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.