At DC Thomson we are a business with a purpose – to make a positive impact on the communities we serve.
We are home to some of the world’s best loved media brands, organised around local news and radio, companionship, kids, advocacy, energy, puzzles and hobbies.
The Courier, The Press & Journal, The Sunday Post, Beano, Stylist, Puzzler, The People’s Friend, My Weekly, bunkered, Energy Voice, Findmypast and Brightsolid are just some of the brands you might know us for.
Deeply rooted in our communities, we are investing in data, technology and talent to unlock a new level of understanding about what really matters to our customers. This is how we are shaping the future of media.
We’re changing the way we work to create a flexible, collaborative, learning-led culture that draws on expertise from across the organisation to create award-winning content and cultural moments that make audiences want to be part of our communities.
Our HQ is in Dundee and we have bases around the UK employing over 1,200 extraordinarily creative colleagues working in a mix of office/home/hybrid. They’re passionate about being part of the story of so many well-loved brands and they’re crucial to our ambitions for the company.
We’re looking for the best people to join us at DC Thomson, to share their energy, ideas and skills and be part of our story.
Why join us now?
DC Thomson is on an exciting transformation journey to growth. Our brands matter to people and we are passionate about sustaining meaningful relationships with the communities these brands serve.
Focused on creating brilliant content and experiences that inspire our audiences and communities.
The Stylist Group is a leading digital publisher and media platform with pioneering brands Stylist and Stylist Loves. Within an inspiring, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment we create original magazines and brands for Stylist Women – our successful, sophisticated, dynamic urban audience. A group who have very little time, a considerable disposable income and no patience for inauthentic attempts to try to engage them; our purpose is to create content Stylist Women are proud to enjoy
As the Product Manager you will evangelise the product vision and create and communicate the product roadmap compellingly and effectively to internal and external audiences.
You’ll turn customer insights into actionable strategies and priorities, apply an experimentation mindset and be able to tie delivered work directly to company, group and squad goals.
And you’ll be delivering experiences our customers and clients will love by:
- Leading the squad working on Stylist
- Being recognised across the company as an expert in a particular product; people seek out your expertise
- Leading cross-functional initiatives and building alignment
- Delivering compliant, quality work, on-time
- Identifying and tracking the right metrics that lead to actionable insights
- Using rapid experimentation to learn quickly, iterate and get it right · Owning the roadmap and backlog and being proficient at writing user stories, acceptance criteria and requirements.
What will you be doing as a product manager?
- Defining the product vision and managing the roadmap, engaging with key stakeholders to identify business priorities and strategic objectives and produce measurable outcomes
- Optimising delivery by identifying and interpreting requirements, prioritising the backlog and driving and monitoring sprint deliverables
- Enhancing all aspects of user experience/audience journey through continuous development and iteration by working with developers, content, audience and commercial colleagues
- Collaborating with editors and other stakeholders to shape vision and strategy for creation and delivery of content across products and brands in line with audience desires
- Delivering value by coaching the squad on Agile and Product practice
- Maximising revenue opportunities across our audiences, brands and digital products.
What we are looking for
- You’ll be comfortable leading internal and external meetings, regularly presenting in squad reviews, and will be sought out as product representative in customer-facing meetings
- You’ll apply an experimentation mindset by driving hypothesis driven thinking and rapid experimentation
- You’ll talk to customers, always looking for deeper insight. You’ll understand their needs and use this insight to effectively create the best possible value in their product area
- You’ll lead Product Trios in customer empathetic thinking
- You’ll ensure design and engineering are engaged stakeholders in all product initiatives and will proactively solicit their input for roadmap items and planning
- You’ll understand stakeholders’ perspectives and ensure that they have been appropriately considered in strategy setting and roadmap creation
- You’ll have an awareness of the wider market and industry, adapting to changes as appropriate and be able to analyse the problems our competitors are solving and use this to inform product strategy
- You’ll proactively identify and forecast metrics to track and measure customer and business benefit and partner effectively with Analytics to refine these
- You’ll adapt smoothly to changes in organisation, priorities, workstream, or the market.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our London, Fleet Street Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to building a diverse working environment. At Stylist, we encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.