Growing Digital Subscription Businesses
Aceville is a DC Thomson company – one of the UK’s five biggest publishers with over 100 years of content experience under its belt. DC Thomson is going through a product transformation and as such, there’s never been a more exciting time to join this company which enjoys both the benefits of cutting-edge tools and in-house expertise, plus a benefits package that includes an unrivalled pension scheme, healthcare, generous annual leave, birthdays off, staff discounts and much more.
We aim to move as fast as possible, usually 2-3 weeks is enough time for us all to get to know each other. If you’re excited by the challenge but are unsure whether you meet the hiring criteria please apply. We consider every serious application. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
About The Role
In many areas you’ll have an outsized impact on the direction of our products.
- Product Strategy: In partnership with product stakeholders, you’ll create and refine a long-term product strategy that marries our edge platform advantages with the needs we’re seeing from existing and potential future customers.
- Market Position: Through research of the market, our brand advantages, and the competitive landscape, you’ll help shape what an industry-leading product can be for us.
- Product Culture: We’re a small, but growing team so there’s lots of scope to determine how the product discipline should work here. We know we’re not perfect and we’re excited about improving our practices with you.
- Manage multiple high-priority products accelerating user growth and subscriptions. There’s typically 1-2 on the go and you’ll be supported throughout
- Define and execute product vision and strategy
- Contribute end-to-end through discovery, the design and development processes, through to delivery for new features and iterations. You’ll build a compelling product roadmap based on customer needs, resources, and strategic opportunities
- Spend approx. 70% of your time collaborate closely with designers, and developers to deliver a product of remarkable quality.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to validate product direction
- Deliver high-quality designs (including creating prototypes, wireframes, and workflow diagrams to improve product experiences), participate in design reviews, and present work regularly for feedback
- Weigh difficult tradeoffs, taking into account customer, product, engineering and reporting requirements against delivery time and resources
- Share clear and concise product and objective reporting whilst managing stakeholders
- Working across our most important digital brands
As Product Manager you
- Have experience delivering digital products and a track record of creating products that people love
- Understand and deliver on the different aspects of product management: Empathise with customers, strong communication & leadership skills, visioning the product, product development processes & lifecycles, working with the team & technical knowledge
- Are data informed in your approach to product management and know how to measure success
- Experienced working with Agile teams
- Are fluent in both written and spoken English
- Confident communicating complex product challenges verbally and in writing
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders
- Comfortable balancing multiple Products sharing similar challenges and opportunities
- 26 days holiday (+8 bank holidays)
- Remote role
- Pension scheme (Company contribution up to 9.5%, you pay 6%)
- Healthcare Cashplan
- Staff discounts
- Birthday off
- Cycle to Work Scheme
It’s not all about work though…
As a team we regularly attend events, shows and social evenings. Past outings including Comedy nights, Scaresville, Bowling & curry, Star Wars showings, Go Karting, evening drinks, Christmas Cinema and Hiking.
Additionally, we took part in the 3 Peaks Challenge to raise money for Charity:Water and helped fund a freshwater well in Ethiopia.
We’re keen to continue doing these regular events as soon as we’re through the worst of the pandemic and it’s safe to do so!
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position, with occasional travel to our Colchester office. We offer a generous package including: healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.