The Product Co-ordinator is responsible for ensuring the on time delivery of publications, which fully meet specifications, circulation quantities and instructions to DC Thomson’s wholesale distributors and the appointed mail provider.
The Product Co-ordinator ensures that the progress of magazine production from: file supply, printing, inserting, cover mounting, packing/packaging and physical distribution, to: wholesalers, export agents and subscribers, is monitored and controlled to ensure the delivery of the required outcomes.
This is an entry level role providing a great opportunity for anyone seeking a career in the Publishing industry, recent University graduates or those looking to start a career with DCT Thomson/Media.
The Product Co-ordinator will:
- Be responsible for the print production and distribution of a group of magazine Titles and support the appropriate Publishing team(s) to achieve the delivery of product to defined cost, time and quality parameters.
- Communicate and agree forward planning, scheduling with supply partners.
- Work with the Title Publishing teams, Advertising clients, carrier and covermount assembler (as needed) to assure the timely assembly of print specification order(s).
- Track progress of Titles through the production and physical distribution processes.
- Resolve issues and initiate corrective action as needed with the Printer, Advertising, Promotions, Distributor/Circulation Manager and Editorial functions.
- Assist the Print Production Manager to identify and pursue opportunities to improve operational performance – cost management and reduction, quality, lead-times and delivery throughout all aspects of the production and customer fulfilment process.
- Support Publishing team with cost forecast and analysis to assist with Publishing planning.
- Ensure that the operational performance/key performance indicators for the Titles are reported and presented to the Print Production Manager and Magazine Operating Board.
- Source and manage non contract or ad hoc print work out with regular magazine activity and print suppliers. This will include interaction with both internal and external customers, as well as working with a variety of print supplier.
- Provide cover for Print Production Manager responsibilities as required
- Learn and understand internal and external systems to a competent operational level
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Can do/will do attitude.
- Highly results orientated.
- Good gravitas and influences internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be IT literate, with knowledge of and ability to use all Microsoft Office programmes, as well as flexible to learn and operate internal and external systems.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.