We’re looking for a Product Designer with deep experience designing native apps to join our London design team. In this role, you’ll work closely with engineering and product, acting as design owner for our iOS and Android apps.
- Our work has purpose — We help our customers better understand who they are and where they come from in the world through our products.
- It’s meaningful — It’s a unique opportunity for a designer to come to work and solve genuine people problems through design on a daily basis.
- Insight driven — We’re committed to making sure our product and backlogs are shaped by customer insight (qualitative and quantitative). In this role, you’d be responsible for turning that insight into brilliant apps to help our customers create and share rich stories about their ancestry.
- We develop people — We take development seriously. You’ll tailor your development to suit your goals and use our progression framework to help drive your career. You’ll have weekly 1:1’s with your manager to discuss career progression, opportunities to progress and you’ll have access to your own training budget.
- Leading the design of our apps from concept to execution.
- Shaping product strategy for your team with partners from Engineering and Product.
- Defining problems and setting the vision for your team.
- Collaborating with other designers and our UX Engineering team to ensure our customers get the best end product.
- Working with UX Research to interview and test with users.
- We’ll expect you to be in our London office 1-2 days per week.
- We’d like you to have deep experience designing and shipping impactful products for consumer-facing tech or media companies. This isn’t a hard and fast rule though — we’re focused on finding the right people to join our team.
- You want to build amazing stuff which makes our customers happy.
- You’re outcome-focused, and autonomous.
- You work in the open – sharing ideas and designs early and often.
- You love solving problems and making sure that you are using your time to solve the right problems.
- You’re a great communicator, with excellent critical thinking skills.
- You facilitate workshops, bringing cross functional peers into the design process.
- You’re a team player who knows how to get the best out of your peers and build consensus with team members and stakeholders.
- You know how to gather and act on customer insight, and use it to drive your design process.
- You have experience of building and maintaining design systems.
About the team:
- We’re mostly in London – but some of us are in Scotland. We make time to come together to collaborate and hang out.
- We’re an ambitious, growing team of designers, copywriters and researchers. We also have a small UX engineering team who sit with us to help manage our component library and speed up delivery.
- You’ll probably read a lot of job descriptions about having fun at work, but we really mean it.
- We make jokes – sometimes they’re funny.
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.