Planning and Sales Support Administrator – Maternity Cover
We’re looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic professional to support our commercial and editorial teams in the forward planning and scheduling of commercial advertisements across our multimedia product portfolio (newspapers, magazines and digital) working in close partnership with our teams in ad operations, production and creative. This role is located at our Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow office
- Plan newspapers and magazine products including commercial supplements using Gemstone Beacon.
- Review work when exported to Prestige to check copy, location, bleed margins and trim areas and any special planning instructions which have been supplied.
- Co-ordinate feature planning for our titles and update feature performance and update relevant teams using appropriate communication channels to drive and engage response.
- Support the sales team with general operations to help reach the team’s objectives.
- Assist the team as a whole in order that all appropriate administration and correspondence is carried out based on deadlines.
- Process and book features, campaigns and advertisements for print and digital, liaising with customers when required for artwork copy and booking information in order to streamline production processes and maintain business continuity.
- Run and interpret reports as requested by the senior management team.
- Provide cover for National Advertising (when required).
- Action incoming correspondence on a daily basis.
- Keep up to date with changes to processes, technical specifications and adapt to ways of working.
- Be proactive in terms of communication, be customer facing and provide updates when required.
- Actively participate in any training which may be available to ensure personal development and undertake bespoke system or software training when required.
- An administrative or sales background within a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of numerical accuracy with conscientious attitude to problem solving.
- Intuitive organisational skills and ability to manage a number of projects at the same time.
- Strong interpersonal skills when liaising between departments and key stake-holders and to be customer facing with external clients.
- Well versed in IT skills, Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Gemstone Beacon, Production Tracking and CRM systems.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, 6 month fixed term contract, working 35 hours per week from either our Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 29th September 2021
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.