National Agency Account Manager
DC Thomson is a privately owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data, and talent. People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting portfolio of media brands including The Stylist Group, Puzzler Media as well as communities in energy, local and national news, women’s and children’s magazines, lifestyle, teaching, crafts, and sport. While our roots are firmly in publishing, with a portfolio of newspapers and magazines, DC Thomson has diversified into digital technology, radio, TV, and events.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Account Manager to join our growing Agency Account team.
As a National Agency Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing the different aspects of our relationships with Media/PR/Advertising Agencies; as well as our third-party sales houses.
This means that you will be working with them, and agencies to influence spend and drive revenue for our brands. You will need to have a proven track record of working with media agencies and understand how to respond to briefs, how to present to agencies and have contacts within advertising agencies.
Will be expected to proactively identify areas of opportunity to build relationships and revenue.
Ideally have strong multimedia advertising agency sales experience, specifically radio and/or digital.
This is a hybrid flexible role working a minimum of 3 days in the office. We are flexible about your home location providing you are able to attend agency and client meetings in the Central Belt throughout the week and work from either our Dundee or Glasgow office.
- Confident to produce and present multimedia advertising solutions to the smaller privately owned, to the large network agencies, as well as directly to advertisers
- Ability to advise clients which DC Thomson products best suit their needs and campaign objectives
- Good knowledge of the media marketplace, specifically in Scotland
- Build and strengthen strong relationships with agencies
- Build strong relationships with senior managers, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Build strong relationships with third party radio and publishing sales houses
- Attend multimedia sales training courses throughout the year to ensure sales skills, products and industry knowledge is current and relevant
- Meet set expectations and KPI’s set out by line manager
- Manage and grow an existing client base as well as developing new business
- Attend networking events, shows and exhibitions to grow contact base
- Share leads and opportunities with colleagues to ensure all business opportunities are being covered
- Achieve and exceed set revenue targets
- To maximise the use of the Gemstone CMS system to track opportunities, revenue pipeline and accurate client reporting
- To provide accurate information for reporting
- Strong administrative skills to ensure all activity is booked in clearly and accurately
- To engage with internal departments/individuals to gain insight into new opportunities
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Proven track record in agency sales and strong agency connections
- Able to produce creative and bespoke ideas for clients
- Ability to negotiate rates within DC Thomson expected yield parameters
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills
- Ability to network at a high level
- Team Player with a collaborate outlook
- Pro Active Thinker always taking pride in identifying the next opportunity
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Determination to succeed
- A professional manner
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside or Glasgow Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.