JOB TITLE: Middleweight Designer
REPORTING TO: Director of Design & UX
- Design Team (Director of Design & UX / Lead Graphic Designer & Illustrator)
- Business teams (Content, Marketing & eCommerce)
Beano Studios is a rebellious entertainment business, driven by insight and data, which creates, curates and delivers entertainment for kids of all ages worldwide. The Studio produces diverse entertainment across multiple destinations; including TV, digital content, consumer products, plus the legendary comic and annual.
Reporting to the Director of Design and UX you will work as part of Beano Studios Design team, playing a key role in ensuring that Beano Studios’ brand and cultural values are reflected in all design work. You have strong creative ideas and will be someone who is immersed in digital culture. You will be experienced in many areas of design – including print, graphics, branding and digital so are happy to work on a large variety of projects. You will be an ambassador for the brand who can create high quality design work appealing to both Beano’s consumer and corporate audiences.
- Respond to requests from teams across the studio for design work including pitch decks, product mock-ups, print & digital ads and other assets as required.
- Work with the Director of Design and UX to expand and evolve our style guides, developing and refining Beano Studios’ visual identity.
- Collaborate with commercial and marketing teams, creating assets for brand partnerships including pitches, one pagers and product concepts.
- Support the Director of Design & UX in overseeing external design projects, ensuring standards of quality and adherence to our visual identity.
- Contribute to discussions regarding internal process and system improvements to ensure maximum efficiency across the company
Key skills and experience
- Strong visual design skills, with experience of design for digital and print.
- Highly skilled in the use of Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and MS Powerpoint
- Experience of using, developing and expanding style guides and brand guidelines.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving environment.
- Communicate well, be open to opinion and collaborate with major stakeholders on projects and ongoing strategies.
- Be excellent at time management and able to juggle projects.
- Have a willingness to pitch in ideas, attend creative brainstorms and get stuck in to the creative process
- Adapt work based on creative feedback and direction.
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
Due to the high volume of applications anticipated for this role, we regret we are unable to contact you unless you are shortlisted for the selection process.