Marketing Executive – Sustainable Growth Voice (SGV)
Part of DC Thomson, one of the UK’s oldest and most successful media groups, SG Voice is a new brand from the team behind Energy Voice.
EV is an established name in energy news, events and podcasting, and on a pathway to become the go-to forum for senior professionals worldwide to stay ahead of market events and trends, build their networks and find business development opportunities. Having significantly expanded in recent years, we are now looking to scale rapidly. We are an ambitious and entrepreneurial team, with a positive, collaborative and creative approach to business.
The concept of Sustainable Growth has come to the forefront of the conversation around how to improve financial markets and the wider economy, to help the world deal with the environmental and societal challenges it faces. Now is the right time for us to launch a brand that will take us beyond energy to look at who is matching progress with their stated purpose and explain why it matters for people and planet.
To support its launch and growth ambitions, SG Voice needs to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy and operational plan. This includes:
- Brand launch and awareness
- User acquisition programmes across all multiple channels (website, newsletter, social, podcast etc.) to increase audience size and engagement.
- Events marketing: campaign ideation, planning and coordination for a growing programme of events, including oversight of creative, social delivery and more.
- Marketing the content services business (advertising, content creation, event production and marketing consultancy) across our owned channels, plus paid social and search, to raise brand awareness and generate high-value leads.
- Supporting client work (planning & analysis, social, SEO etc.) to improve our service to clients and drive higher-value campaigns.
We need an experienced, energetic and imaginative strategic/digital marketing lead to own this broad and exciting brief, collaborating closely with the group marketing team.
This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working. We are flexible about your location in Scotland providing you are able to work from one of our local offices in Aberdeen, Dundee or Glasgow as and when needed.
- Working with marketing experts across the DC Thomson group to develop and deliver a comprehensive marketing strategy for the SGV business.
- Owning, supporting and coordinating marketing campaigns for SGV’s channels (podcast, events etc.) and content services business including:
- Planning, execution, measurement and analysis of campaigns.
- Coordination of artwork and content, working with SGV editorial and DCT creative teams.
- Writing copy.
- Supporting paid search and social activity.
- Supporting SGV’s audience development work (mapping user journeys and designing comms).
- Managing SGV’s social media channels and promoting best practice across the SGV editorial team.
- Working with the SGV team and DCT group experts to optimise both site and content SEO.
- Supporting the content services sales team in the ideation, planning and execution of complex client campaigns.
- Providing SGV management with reporting and analysis of performance across SGV’s digital channels (website, newsletter, social, podcast etc.).
- Supporting SGV management with market and competitor research.
- Working with SGV management on product, channel and systems development.
- Production of sales support material (media packs, presentations etc.).
- Coordinating SGV’s media partnerships with event organisers.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Proven experience of working effectively with other marketing experts and creatives to plan, execute and optimise campaigns across multiple channels, and knowledge of the B2B space, is essential.
Additionally, the role would involve supporting SGV’s management with audience, performance and market analysis, as we strive to be increasingly data-lead. Strong skills in these areas are therefore also a must.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.