Marketing Account Manager
At Fifth Ring, we’ve spent the last 30 years helping our clients around the world to build better brands and sell more stuff. We’ve been named Scotland’s top B2B marketing agency and operate on a truly global scale with offices in Houston, Singapore and Aberdeen. As a full-service marcomms agency, we have some of the best people in the business, and we’re looking for a talented account manager to work alongside our multi-award-winning team. If you think like a strategist, create like an artist and act like a pro, we’d love to hear from you.
Marketing Account Managers are responsible for overseeing and supervising all client activity, including managing, developing and growing client relationships within their portfolio for the purpose of retention and growth of the client base. Account managers also serve as ambassadors for the Fifth Ring business and are to be visible within the geography they work and internationally as appropriate. Externally you will be working daily with new and existing clients, colleagues across our international offices, professional associations, business partners and suppliers. Internally you will have a team around you including the Client Services team, finance team support, Traffic Managers and a creative team bringing designs and concepts to life.
The Marketing Account Manager has responsibilities covering:
- Manage and develop client relationships, positioning themselves and Fifth Ring as the client’s ‘trusted advisor’
- Create, own and implement the agency / client account plan
- Create, own and implement the clients’ marcomms plan
- End-to-end management of client projects, ensuring delivery on time, on budget and to agreed quality standard
- Manage the potential growth of client accounts
- Activate client account growth plans across all product and service lines
- Support Finance team with fiscal forecasting and adherence to accounting processes and management
- Ensure all work is commercially optimized and all financial risks are mitigated
- Act as a robust defender of the agency’s values, people and commercial interests
- Ensure Fifth Ring processes and procedures are followed at all times
- Provide the business development team with relative support as required
- Demonstrate the effectiveness and impact of our work
- Work with business development and delivery teams to own and produce new business proposals as requested to ensure the transition from pitch to activation is seamless when the work is won.
- Support Fifth Ring’s marketing activities as necessary
- Cultivate and rely on extensive informal networks inside and outside the agency to solve problems
- Work effectively with the Traffic Manager to ensure client requirements are being met
- Manage assigned support staff as appropriate and assist in their professional development
- Support colleagues in all Fifth Ring locations through proactive consultivity, creativity and visibility.
The Skills and Experience you as an Account Manager will bring to this role should include:
- Experience in integrated marketing communications, either agency or in-house
- Experience managing complexity and nuance from a marcomms standpoint, with a clear attention to detail and demonstrated ability to create clarity out of chaos
- Clear understanding of the most effective marketing strategy and channels to meet the client’s objectives at a strategic and tactical level
- Manage assigned accounts to profitability and neutral to positive variance
- Work with delivery teams to create and execute plans that meet clients’ business objectives
- Serve as ambassadors for the Fifth Ring business and are to be visible within the geography they work and internationally as appropriate
- Manage, develop and grow client relationships for the purpose of retention and growth of the client base
- Well-developed commercial / financial skills, including agreement negotiation and fiscal prudence
- Manage and direct resources with effectiveness and efficiency, delegate responsibilities as appropriate
- Adhere to predictable communication schedules
- Effective customer and stakeholder relationship management skills, including active listening, attention to detail, troubleshooting and proactively management of relationships
- Ability to respectfully challenge both clients and colleagues when necessary, maintain composure under adversity and exercise independent and fair consensus-building skills when conflict arises
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Degree in relevant field (ideally in communications, public relations, marketing communications, business management, psychology or a related subject)
- Experienced in B2B marketing
- Business development experience
- Project management experience
- Relevant target industry knowledge
- Agency experience
- Ability to speak a second or third language
Joining this team you will have the chance to work with some of the World’s leading brands across varying industry sectors. Personal and professional development is key for our colleagues and you will be supported as you drive yourself forward.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.