A fabulous opportunity has arisen for two Magazine Journalists to join the My Weekly team delivering entertaining content of the highest quality to our readers. To be a successful candidate, you will have a passion for magazines, great writing ability and be bursting with enthusiasm and ideas.
You will be organised and skilled at multi-tasking, equally comfortable writing accurate, compelling copy as you are commissioning articles, writing social media posts or interviewing celebrities. You will be educated to degree level or have relevant experience. You will also be aware of current media law and Codes of Practice.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Generating ideas for all aspects of the print magazine, social media platforms and brand extensions
- Researching and writing entertaining features to word count and deadline
- Commissioning features from freelance contributors
- Working with franchise contributors to ensure copy is relevant and on time
- Liaising with design and production teams
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.