IT Solutions – Developer
We are looking for an experienced IT Solutions – Developer to join our IT Team in our Meadowside office in Dundee (and this role can support remote working). As part of a fully integrated and multi-skilled Service Support Team, you will play a key role in the design, development, maintenance of critical data, integration and reporting technology solutions and services deployed across the DC Thomson group.
What You’ll be Doing
This is a varied role and you will carry out a wide range of duties which includes:
- Gather requirements, design and develop solutions to deliver integrated user experiences for the collation and analysis of datasets utilised by the business.
- Design, develop and maintain data migration, ingestion and transformation services utilised by the business – data pipelines, ETL / ELT.
- Maintain the security, integrity, and quality of datasets across multiple software and infrastructure platforms.
- Liaise with business users to develop and deliver reporting capabilities through both cloud and on-premise analytics platforms.
- Provide support, including procedures and documentation for end users across multiple software and infrastructure platforms and technologies.
- Assist with technical due diligence activities including the assessment of appropriate technologies, solution designs and vendor selections.
- Coach and Mentor other team members for expanded skillset sharing
Other duties may include:
- Attendance at national industry seminars or training may be required.
- Out of hours assistance either remotely or on-site may be required.
Who You Are
- IT related degree and/or commensurate development experience
- Core skillset centred on full stack software development (experience of data ingestion, migration, and transformation desirable)
- Comfortable developing for desktop / Web / Cloud.
- Strong with integration protocols (REST, GraphQL)
- Experience working within an agile development practice.
- Should have an analytical approach to their work and possess good communication skills.
- Experience in the following technologies desirable:
- SQL (Microsoft SQL Server).
- Core programming – solid understanding of software design and development methodologies (OOD, Functional, Procedural) (strong knowledge of C#)
- Cloud Platform Development: any of Azure / AWS / Google.
- Reporting Platform Development / Integration (PowerBI).
- Microsoft Power Platform including PowerApps and Power Automate
- Experience in the following technologies nice to have:
- SQL (MySQL)
- NoSQL (e.g., Mongo)
- Programming – Python or other Data Science oriented programming language e.g R.
- Middleware technologies e.g., Apache Kafka, AWS Kinesis.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. Our team are based in our Meadowside Office, but given the nature of the role, it can be carried out remotely with the occasional travel to our office. Until current restrictions are lifted, the role will be entirely home-based. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com