IT Senior Operations Analyst – Dundee
The world at DC Thomson is changing rapidly, our systems are evolving as part of our cloud strategic direction and at the same time, the needs of our staff are shifting, seeking increasingly collaborative and streamlined tools and skills. To meet these evolving needs, we need to enhance our core technology support capability.
We understand the depth of innovative process required to succeed with delivering this change which is why we want you to join us to play a vital role in ensuring on time delivery of all aspects of our newspaper, magazine, and digital products as well as delivering effective management, monitoring and maintenance of the DCT hardware estate, networked Systems, Services and Application layers with professional excellence and outstanding customer service.
As an IT Senior Operations Analyst, you’ll be part of a fully integrated and multi-skilled Service Delivery Team providing vital second line support for systems and staff based around the UK.
Flexibility is important for work life balance; you’ll spend time regularly on-site at company offices in Dundee as well as having opportunities to visit branch offices and to work remotely in a hybrid fashion.
What you’ll be doing
This role is varied and challenging but some of the things you’ll be doing regularly include:
- Working with and to support senior specialists, team leaders and service delivery management in the efficient delivery of systems, services, support tickets, operational change and BAU IT operational service delivery to agreed KPI and quality standards
- Taking responsibility for all aspects of production services and acting as the primary responder as appropriate.
- Applying attention to detail in managing endpoint device deployment and operations in line with Systems and Information Security requirements and approved configuration to protect Endpoints, User Identity, Logical Access, IT Assets, and sensitive data.
- Contributing to the diagnosis of problems, using relevant subject matter expertise to assess and analyse root causes; identifying, documenting and applying workarounds and implementing identified resolutions through appropriate Change Controls and Release Management processes.
- Working autonomously to manage workload of support tickets, operational BAU activities and project activities in line with business needs and stakeholder requirements escalating as required to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensuring appropriate Systems and Information Security requirements are maintained
- Testing of changes to live environments prior to deployment following documented change control procedures and communicating with other parties as appropriate.
- Providing and maintaining records of backup and DR processes and status.
- Maintaining the availability of all servers and systems as service level agreements dictate escalating where appropriate as service issues arise.
- Proactively engaging in promoting and managing adherence to license utilisation requirements escalating immediately and invoking remediation activities should discrepancies arise.
- Promoting and actively protecting of the health and security of the desktop and server and cloud infrastructure estates resolving discrepancies or weaknesses immediately or escalating with support partners as required
- Assisting and Mentoring IT Helpdesk and IT Operations Analysts, acting as an escalation point for providing technical assistance, guidance and expertise as appropriate and proactively sharing skills and good practice within the team.
The job might be for you if you have:
- IT related degree or commensurate experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Advanced knowledge of PC hardware and software across multiple platforms
- Demonstrable analytical skills and ability to see and communicate to different business areas the wider technical perspective and implications
- In depth knowledge of computing systems, services, administration, and procedures
- Demonstrable experience working with the M365 platform, AD, and Windows Server infrastructure
- Good Planning and organisational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to new systems and processes
We’d especially love to hear from you if you have;
- Experience of cloud infrastructure management and security across a range of platforms including Azure and AWS
- Experience of working in a Media or publishing environment
- Understanding of or a qualification in ITIL/ITSM
- Experience navigating major new technology shifts or transitions
- Exposure to working in a DevOps Scaled Agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- The ability to work independently and communicate as part of a team
- A ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Passion for delivering a great customer experience
How we work
DC Thomson is a community of 1,600 colleagues with different strengths, experiences, and perspectives, united by a shared goal of building brands that inform, entertain and delight audiences across the globe.
We are creating a culture that supports learning, collaboration, inclusion, and empowering decisions. A business that supports its colleagues to try new things; creating, innovating, and improving on our mission to grow and protect our business for future generations.
We have a network of premises across the UK, including the prestigious Aberdeen Marischal Square, our Dundee headquarters, Spiers View Glasgow, and our flagship Fleet Street offices. We support flexible working where possible to allow our colleagues to balance home and working lives.
People and communities are at the heart of everything we do. Our colleague communities, the communities we live and work in and the communities we build around our brands.
Our Product and Technology Function
As we continue at pace with the largest Digital Transformation in DC Thomson’s history, we have made the unique decision to centralise our Product and Technology teams. This is in turn creating a true center of excellence that will continue to deliver value both internally and to our external customers. We are focused on quality of delivery and take pride in sharing and growing our expertise across the diverse range of DC Thomson brands.
What’s in it for me?
- An opportunity to work with a talented team of industry experts who love to learn from each other
- A chance to be part of a team that is central to driving DC Thomson’s evolution
- A chance to work with teams in world leading brands including The Beano, Stylist, Puzzler Magazine as well as top local News Titles such as the Press and Journal, Evening Express, Courier & Sunday Post
- Your opportunity to make a material difference to the quality of IT service delivery and the way the company works from the newsroom to the boardroom
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee Office, with occasional shift work. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.