IT Helpdesk Analyst
We are currently seeking an IT Helpdesk Analyst to join our IT department based in Aberdeen.
You will play a vital support role to our staff based around the UK. You will be based primarily at our Aberdeen office as part of a fully integrated and multi-skilled service support team, responsible for the support, administration and maintenance of DC Thomson’s Information Systems.
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from internal staff in person or via telephone and email
- Support – troubleshooting of IT related problems from inhouse software to hardware, such as, Laptops, PCs, Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues.
- Escalate unresolved calls to the Operations team and provide on-site support for this team until problem resolution.
- Log all calls in the service desk call logging system (TrackIT)
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- To maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Publishing support documentation to assist staff with requests for information & provide staff training if required
- Basic Active Directory knowledge. Creating user accounts, reset passwords, create groups etc.
- To arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
Knowledge, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- A recognised Information Systems or Technical Qualification.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with users to understand requirements and translate them into functional and technical requirements and solutions.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Aberdeen Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.