The DC Thomson Insight, Data and Audience team (IDA) brings the voice of our audiences into the heart of our business. If you are currently working in a research role and are looking for the next step in your career working for an organisation that places data and insight at the heart of its decision making, read on.
Due to business demand, DC Thomson is expanding its Insight, Data and Audience team with exciting opportunities for two new Insight Partners to join us.
In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of research throughout the DC Thomson business, from bringing to life existing audiences to estimating the market potential for new products or concepts. This involves a wide variety of research methods, from conducting in depth interviews or focus groups to utilising our online communities to desk research, so you should be comfortable in delivering projects that make use of a variety of approaches. You will have particular strengths in market analysis, a knowledge of basic UX research and the ability to develop and maintain great relationships with your stakeholders.
If you have relevant experience in a research/insight role, are a good listener and presenter, this is the role for you. You’ll be given support and coaching by experienced researchers to help you thrive and develop your skills in your new role at DC Thomson.
- This is a hands-on research position, conducting primary research with existing and potential audiences through best fit methodology for the research project’s objectives. This could be face to face user testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups, diary studies, text-based focus groups, card sorting, tree testing or straightforward surveys.
- Desk research also plays a key role in providing market and sector analysis, identification of trends and the ability to estimate the size of opportunities for business growth.
- Clearly define research objectives, plan and conduct research then form conclusions and recommendations, communicating these effectively to ensure all stakeholders are able to make consumer driven decisions.
- Visualise and propose research plans that expand upon simply what was requested – proposing insight solutions to help bring to life the full picture of any business situation.
- Be comfortable working with peers and stakeholders to form hypotheses on how research findings relate to business outcomes.
- Work in partnership with the data and audience teams to deliver insight that aims to understand and demonstrate why users are behaving the way they do.
- Bring to life audience personas, user mindsets and potential pains and gains in user experience or journey through great insight-based story telling.
- Have excellent desk research skills, with the ability to provide market and trends analysis.
What we are looking for:
- You’ll have held an insight or research position previously and now be looking for your next challenge.
- You’ll be an excellent communicator, a great listener and have a natural inquisitive nature.
- Strong organisational skills, you should have the ability to successfully manage research projects from conception to delivery, whether delivering completely in-house or with an external partner.
- You’ll be comfortable speaking to the general public in person, both on and offline.
- You’ll have excellent lateral thinking skills, in particular an ability to look beyond the obvious.
Previous work with Insight panels and communities would be an advantage.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from either our Dundee, Aberdeen, Glasgow, London office or alternatively remotely. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com