WHO IS BEANO BRAIN?
BEANO BRAIN IS A GEN ALPHA & GEN Z INSIGHTS CONSULTANCY FROM BEANO STUDIOS
Born from decades of experience with kids, we help our own business and client companies build their own connections with families using our unparalleled knowledge of Gen Alpha, Gen Z, and their Millennial parents.
Our bespoke consulting solutions help Beano Studios and client brands stay ahead of trends and prepare for the future by using the power of big data, pairing millions of proprietary data points with rich, qualitative panels and bespoke insight.
Our stakeholders and clients are not afraid to ruffle a few feathers, just like we’ve been doing for 80+ years.
We are on a mission to build an empathetic, insightful, and often untold view of kids, teens, and their families in order to inspire innovation for our business and client brands.
BEANO BRAIN is seeking an Insight Associate who is passionate about kids and families and an advocate of the role that authentic insight can play to drive business decisions.
This is a unique role supporting the growth of Beano Studios (internal clients) and working with the commercial arm of Beano Brain (external clients).
Possessing strong qualitative, project and stakeholder management skills, the successful candidate is ideally looking to make a real business impact with their insight experience. You are motivated by the unique opportunity to play an integral role in growing the Beano Studios business.
You will be driven by the opportunity to work with kids and families in the UK, US and potentially Europe and to bring the subsequent insight and your experience to bear in supporting Beano Studios growth objectives. You are also interested in supporting (when required) the commercial arm of Beano Brain, bringing your insight skills to bear on client projects.
BEANO BRAIN TOOLKIT
- You will help to manage, maintain and expand the Beano Brain toolkit including Beano Brain Omnibus and Trendspotters UK
- This will include fieldwork, interviewing kids, teens and families face-to-face and remotely as well as designing and analysing child-appropriate surveys
- You will play a leading role in launching further panels
- You will work with internal teams to ensure the toolkit and methodologies fit Beano Studios ethos and ensuring we continue our reputation of disruptive approaches that garner authentic kids, teens and families insights
BEANO STUDIOS STAKEHOLDER INSIGHT & MANAGEMENT
- You will be an acknowledged expert in kids, teens and family research
- You will be the insight lead on agreed projects within Beano Studios and in partnership projects across the DCT Group
- You will produce appropriate desk research and access our existing database of insights to answer stakeholder queries
- You will manage and conduct quality ad hoc qualitative research from initiation to completion
- You will design fieldwork materials e.g. guides, online tasks, co-creation workshops
- You will moderate fieldwork with kids, teens, parents and other relevant audiences, including individual depth interviews, mini groups, co-creation sessions
- You will provide analysis of insights and writing presentations appropriate to an internal audience and timescales
- You will work closely with The Director of Quant to commission and analyse surveys which respond to stakeholders’ issues and deliver consultancy to help your internal clients uncover solutions and design new products
- Where appropriate you will commission external partners to supplement the Beano Brain skill set
- You will support the Commercial Insight team with external client fieldwork and consultancy where appropriate/required
- You will share and exchange knowledge with the wider Beano Brain team
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & BEANO BRAIN MARKETING
- You will work with the Directors of Insight & Strategy and Marketing to originate and deliver thought pieces to drive and expand our client base
- You will be a confident writer and share responsibility for our client newsletter, identifying interesting insights and writing articles and infographics
- You will play a prominent role in ensuring customer messaging of our bespoke services and products is clear and targeted
- You will be a confident presenter, designing presentations and willing to present at Conferences to raise the profile of Beano Brain
- You will have professional membership of at least one research association (MRS, ESOMAR, QUIRKS etc.)
- You will play an active role (in agreement with the Director of Insight & Strategy and the MD Commercial Insight) within agreed professional bodies raising the visibility of Beano Brain
- You will work with fellow Beano Brain Directors to evolve the Beano Brain toolbox and methodologies and identify any gaps to meet the needs of internal stakeholders and which might also be attractive to commercial clients
- You will submit to an enhanced DBS check
- You will, be expected to undertake child safeguarding training
- You will have a sound knowledge of GDPR and professional research guidelines as they relate to children in the UK, Europe and the US
Knowledge and Skills
- Articulate and possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Educated to degree level (preferable but not essential) and with demonstrable experience within a market research environment
- Experience of managing internal clients/stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of qualitative research methods and techniques for kids, teens and families
- An understanding of quantitative research and the ability to perform simple analyses
- Experience and deep interest in kids, teens and families in the UK, US and in Europe
- Excellent analysis skills
- Excellent lateral thinking skills, in particular an ability to look beyond the obvious
- Excellent report writing and presentation ability including a high-level of competency in MS Word and PowerPoint
- Ideally experience of working on integrated qualitative and quantitative insight projects
- Ideally vocational or wider experience working with kids, teens and families
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter outlining exactly why we should hire you.
This is a full- time, permanent position (part time options are negotiable). Beano Studios offices are based in London, but given the nature of the role, it can be carried out remotely with the occasional travel to our office. Until current restrictions are lifted, the role will be entirely home-based. We offer a generous package including: a competitive salary, healthcare cash plan, excellent pension and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Beano Studios welcomes applications from everyone who make up our diverse society to make sure we are best placed to create the amazing stuff kids love to watch, read, play, make and share with their friends.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.