Health and Wellbeing Journalist
DC Thomson Media is looking for a creative, dynamic journalist to be part of our new Health and Wellbeing team.
Never before has health and wellbeing been so central to our lives, our families and our communities, all of which have been so changed in the last year.
The successful candidate will be a confident writer who is passionate about bringing stories to life for our readers and producing high quality, audience-focused content.
So whether you’re writing about Covid-19 and its legacies, mental health, the latest fitness trend or how to improve wellbeing, you’ll have excellent ideas about how best to tell those stories to connect with our digital readers.
It’s an exciting time to join DC Thomson Media. Our Apollo programme is transforming our news brands business and publishing platforms to include expanded digital products and content, as well as the already successful print titles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a business that continues to invest; in journalism, its future and its teams.
Working in a fast-paced environment you will:
- Be a positive self-starter with a strong interest in health and wellbeing
- Have the ability to build strong contacts and relationships with organisations across Dundee, Perthshire, Fife and Angus
- Use a range of multimedia tools to create digitally-optimised, high-quality content
- Learn to interpret data and insight to inform story choices and successfully connect with our readers
- Have great ideas and be keen to innovate to tell stories and start conversations across platforms
You should have:
- Experience in journalism or be a Media, Journalism or English graduate keen to further your editorial career
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge of the IPSO Editors’ Code of Practice
- Good IT skills
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, wellbeing initiatives, staff discounts and the chance to join one of the UK’s most successful media groups with the opportunity for progression and ongoing training.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com