Head of Subscriptions and Memberships
DC Thomson is a privately owned family business currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data and talent. People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next 5 years. To support the community strategy, we are pulling together specialist talent from across our multiple business units, to create centres of excellence.
Subscription growth, both for print and digital products, is fundamental to the success of the company overall. In the newly created role of Head of Subscriptions for DC Thomson, you will take responsibility for delivering the subscription growth plan, leading a team tasked with profitable growth of our subscription revenues across all media brands including Stylist, Puzzler, Beano, Aceville and our regional news portfolio.
This role is central to the ambitious plans to revolutionise the way we engage with – and monetize – our customer base, managing all elements of subscription marketing and operations, sharing learnings and performance metrics to optimise subscription volume and profit
This role is varied and challenging and includes:
- Leading a subscriptions marketing studio and operations team to drive profitable subscription revenues across our media brands portfolio.
- Building and maximising LTV/CAC models, managing performance marketing budgets and execution with relevant and personalised communications.
- Budgets, forecasts and pricing dynamics; managing spend to budget and agreed strategy.
- Building teams that use data and insight effectively to drive audience targeting, decision-making and reporting.
- Ensuring that our customers have a flawless experience subscribing to our brands.
- Taking a long-term view of the customer relationships. As our subscriber base grow, working with product and insights teams to develop new revenue models/products based on the knowledge of our subscriber base.
- Working in a matrix environment to partner with colleagues in editorial, product & data, a brand marketing studio and other specialist capabilities across our business.
- Communicating effectively with multiple stakeholders ensuring information flow is clear and timely with relevant dashboards and reporting tools.
- A visionary in the subscriptions landscape, looking at new opportunities and market developments.
- Leading transformative change and embedding new ways of working effectively.
- Supporting a learning culture and environment that values the strength, talents and contribution of its people, stakeholders, partners and customers.
- Proficient experience leading subscriptions growth for a business with ARR from a growing subscriber base.
- Experience building strategies and managing teams to maximise acquisition, customer journey and retention.
- Experience working with product leads to drive user segmentation, funnel optimisation and UX.
- An innovative consumer marketer with a proven track record using CRO marketing to drive subscription growth.
- A customer focused thinker using data and consumer insight to drive business strategy and decision making.
How we work
DC Thomson is a community of 1,600 colleagues with different strengths, experiences and perspectives, united by a shared goal of building brands that inform, entertain and delight audiences across the globe. We are creating a culture that supports learning, collaboration, inclusion and empowering decisions. A business that supports its colleagues to try new things; creating, innovating and improving on our mission to grow and protect our business for future generations.
We have a network of offices across the UK, from our Dundee headquarters, Aberdeen, Glasgow and our Fleet Street office. We support flexible/hybrid working where possible to allow our colleagues to balance home and working lives.
People and communities are at the heart of everything we do. Our colleague communities, the communities we live and work in and the communities we build around our brands.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside or London, Fleet Street office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.