Head of Content Acquisition & Strategy
Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
Family history is a rapidly evolving, multi £BN high-growth industry and Findmypast is looking for the best people to help us compete in this modern landscape. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records, today Findmypast is a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams, solving problems together. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and varied social activities.
Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human.
At Findmypast, we connect people to their family stories and this role is at the very heart of that mission. We are seeking a new colleague to join in a key leadership role as our new Head of Content Acquisition and Strategy.
You’ll lead our content strategy focused on delivering content partnerships that grow Findmypast by delivering customer growth and enhanced commercial performance.
You’ll work closely with peers across the business as well as commercial partners, governmental entities, and other organisations to find historical records, newspapers and other source material that can help our customers to connect with their own family stories.
You’ll evaluate a broad set of opportunities and identify those most likely to deliver growth and commercial performance while creating a mutually beneficial relationship with the partner.
You’ll work across our product, marketing, data science, finance, legal and content operations teams to bring this content to life across both our consumer and academic products, giving our data the best chance for success.
You’ll quickly learn how we work today and will challenge the status quo, bringing new ideas and new ways of working to the table. You’ll be empowered to make decisions and will use your strong commercial acumen, leadership, and collaboration skills to help the company grow and scale.
You’ll report to the Managing Director and be part of the company’s extended leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small team of expert individuals tasked with acquiring and publishing UK records and newspapers to benefit customers and partners.
- Develop content acquisition strategy to align with company priorities and expand our key content themes through data driven business cases.
- Build partnerships with key content owners to ensure relationships are mutually beneficial, well understood and supported across the company. Consistently look for ways to engage partners to help build our business further.
- Negotiate license agreements with large and small content providers to secure high demand content for our product.
- Maintain a customer centric focus, working collaboratively with your team and cross-functional teams to plan and execute the department’s vision and strategy.
- Consistently raise the bar through your own performance and by developing existing and/or recruit new talent.
Who you are:
- You have a bias for execution – you understand and execute on the top priorities. You act proactively and in alignment with the company strategy.
- You build trust easily, especially among subject matter experts.
- You can develop large, strategic partnerships into lasting, valuable relationships.
- You are data-driven, using data science to craft and test arguments and strategies.
- Recognised natural collaborator inside the company across various functions (marketing, product / engineering, legal, finance, HR). You don’t try to accomplish things on your own but partner easily with others to get work done. People look to you as the “go to” person for help.
- Lead by example – you’re great at attracting and developing talent, you delegate well and hold them accountable but you’re also willing to set the bar as an individual contributor.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
To find out more about what we do here at Findmypast and where you could fit in please visit our website https://www.findmypast.co.uk/
You can also learn more insight into who we are by visiting our Linkedin profile https://www.linkedin.com/company/findmypast/life/06ad6090-93e4-40f7-9a73-ff2b7fdb1dde/
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week from our London, Fleet Street Office. We offer a generous package including 26 Days Holidays + Bank Holidays, health cash plan, corporate gym discounts, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.