Head of Content Acquisition, Strategy and Advocacy
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
At Findmypast, we connect people to their family stories and this role is at the very heart of that mission. You’ll lead our content strategy focused on delivering content partnerships that grow Findmypast and help us deliver on customer growth and commercial performance. You’ll work closely with peers across the business as well as commercial partners, governmental entities and other organisations to find historical records, photos and newspapers that will help our customers connect with their own family stories. You’ll evaluate a broad set of opportunities and identify those most likely to deliver growth and commercial performance while creating a mutually beneficial relationship with the partner. You’ll work across our product, marketing, data science, finance, legal and content operations teams to bring this content to life and give it the best chance for success. You’ll quickly learn how we work today and will challenge the status quo bringing new ideas and new ways of doing things to the table. You’ll be empowered to make decisions and will use your strong leadership and collaboration skills to help the company grow and scale. You’ll report to the MD of Content and Business Development and be part of the company’s extended leadership team.
What You’ll Do:
- Consistently raise the bar through your own performance and by developing existing and/or recruit new talent.
- Lead a small team of expert individuals tasked with acquiring and publishing UK records and newspapers to benefit customers and partners. In addition to providing management support, you’ll also perform individual contributor tasks related to the team’s function.
- Help develop and execute the content acquisition strategy and content lifecycle.
- Work across departments and teams to align content acquisition with the overall company direction and priorities.
- Exhibit strong account / partner management to ensure that the relationships are mutually beneficial, well understood and supported across the company and consistently look for ways to engage partners to help build our business further.
- Build data driven business cases that support the strategy that you are executing.
Who You Are:
- You have a bias for execution – you understand and execute on the top priorities. You’re proactive and don’t wait to react but are always thinking and acting in advance in alignment with the company strategy.
- You’re a trusted partner who stays connected with 3rd party partners and knows how they will react in a given situation and develop challenging / large partnerships into valuable, long-term relationships.
- Data driven – uses data to craft and test arguments and strategies.
- Strategic thinker who quickly understands the company strategy as well as the strategy of the partners that you’ll work with; you’ll devise viable plans to succeed in that context of the overall company strategy.
- Recognised natural collaborator inside the company across various functions (marketing, product / engineering, legal, finance, HR). You don’t try to accomplish things on your own but partner easily with others to get work done. People look to you as the “go to” person for help.
- Lead by example – you’re great at attracting and developing talent, you delegate well and hold them accountable but you’re also willing to set the bar as an individual contributor.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.