Graphic Designer (FTC)
The role is varied and fast moving with a great opportunity to showcase your creative thinking. You will be working across design and marketing teams to produce on brand imagery for social platforms, banners for on and offsite promotion and HTML email campaigns. You will handle front end development duties for email campaigns, including design and build.
Please note that this is a fixed term contract for 12 months.
What You’ll be Doing
- Design and build of digital banner adverts (HTML5 and animated gif).
- Using HTML5 for animated banner creation plus animated gifs for fallback.
- Image creation for social platforms (Facebook, twitter, Instagram).
- Creating onsite popups using HTML and CSS.
- Designing and handling landing pages, working with an in house CMS.
- Working closely with CRM team to design and build HTML email campaigns.
- Ad-hoc design and frontend development tasks, including bug fixes in emails.
- Interpret briefs and proactively suggest creative solutions.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing colleagues and the wider team.
Who we are
Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly and we’re looking for the best people to join us on this journey. We’ve come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values – Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human – provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.
As a technology company, we are fortunate to be able to work remotely during these unprecedented times. Over 20% of employees have joined Findmypast since the start of the pandemic and we have made sure our people are well supported, found new ways to connect while working remotely and even held our annual offsite company meeting virtually for the first time. We work in a hybrid way, combining the benefits of working from home with dynamic work hubs in London and Dundee.
Who You Are:
- You have an excellent knowledge of building responsive HTML/CSS email code including cross-client compatibility.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Fluent in HTML5 and CSS for email development.
- Self-starting attitude and the ability to work to tight deadlines and be creative under pressure.
- You possess excellent attention to detail.
- You have experience designing for direct response marketing.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and love working collaboratively with Marketing colleagues and the wider team.
We’re passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee’s side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced and shared maternity/paternity/adoption leave.
- Learning & Development budget, access to LinkedIn Learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you’d like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you’d like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we’re not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs