Full Stack Developer
We’re a leading UK publisher passionate about creating amazing experiences for educators, business leaders, hobbyists and foodies. Having doubled our dev team over the past 2 years we’re continuing to expand and seek a talented full stack developer to join us.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will be responsible for building and enhancing our growing portfolio of digital brands. The work we do is varied and challenging. We’re looking for someone who has exceptional communication skills since you’ll be working alongside designers, project managers and our dev team to implement, test and debug web projects.
- Write well designed efficient code by using the best software development practices (PSR-12)
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
Importantly we pride ourselves on being people first. This role has exposure to many different parts of the business, making progression easy…we work on developing careers based on what people enjoy!
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like cross-browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Exceptional time and project management skills
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Demonstrated desire to learn new things
- Converting design mockups and prototypes into working code
- LAMP (PHP 7.2 and newer)
- Version control (Git)
Ideally you’d also have some of the following –
- Experience with SASS
- Knowledge of React
- PHP Frameworks (Laravel, CodeIgniter)
- Coding standards (PSR-12)
- Knowledge of API’s (REST/SOAP)
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full- time, permanent home working position. We offer a generous package including: healthcare cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, birthday day off after completion of your first year, and many more staff discounts and benefits.