Front End Digital Developer
The Digital Department provides DC Thomson with an experienced and enthusiastic Digital resource that builds and maintains DC Thomson’s digital portfolio of products.
Based within the Digital Department, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to interpret creative briefs and deliver digital solutions across a range of digital products. A strong and confident communicator, with a constant flow of creative ideas, you will be able to put your expert eye for detail to good use and multi-task across various creative projects.
- To produce high quality, production ready, digital themes, concepts and designs for new and existing websites (pc, mobile and tablet), social campaigns, digital ads, emails and Apps.
- Develop interfaces that are quick and responsive to a high standard in HTML and CSS.
- To produce wireframes, information architecture and intuitive user experience for websites, mobile, tablet, apps & other digital applications.
- Liaise directly with internal clients, gather requirements and produce briefs to create compelling digital interfaces.
- Bring enhancements to and perform maintenance on pre-existing websites.
- To contribute to and own the digital solutions and applications that ensure the team achieves its strategy of providing quality digital solutions.
- To develop and maintain knowledge of key trends in digital design to ensure the most appropriate and effective techniques are developed.
Core technical skills and experience:
- The ability to design across multiple devices (desktop, mobile, tablet etc).
- Degree or equivalent in digital/interaction/multimedia design or similar experience working within a creative environment.
- Advanced proficiency coding with WordPress.
- Demonstrable experience in Information Architecture, User Experience and Digital Interaction design.
- Experienced in Creative Suite products.
- Experience with PHP.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Meadowside Office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, Health Cash Plan, Onsite Staff Gym, excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.