Finance & Procurement Assistant
Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland; combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
Reporting directly to the IT Buyer, the Finance & Procurement Assistant role is critical to the success of Brightsolid’s finance and procurement functions. The Finance & Procurement Assistant has responsibility for the creation and management of all Supplier Purchase Orders, as well as numerous operational finance responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creation and management of supplier purchase orders, including monthly reporting cycles.
- Reconciliation and recording of company credit cards
- Effective team mailbox management and distribution of tasks
- Works with accounts to ensure purchase orders are receipted for invoice processing
- Assist with annual budgets process
- Upkeep and improvement of process documentation
- Assist with interim and annual audit processes where necessary
- Provide additional adhoc finance and procurement support as needed.
Skills and Knowledge required:
- Experience in a similar role creating and managing purchase orders
- Finance based experience within a busy finance function
- To be able to work to strict deadlines
- Highly collaborative and communicative
- Proficient with MS excel – comfortable with updating and manipulating complex spreadsheets
- Flexible approach to working, with drive, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Confident, numerate and articulate
- Previous experience of using finance systems
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a part-time, permanent position, working 20 hours per week from either Brightsolid’s Dundee or Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday pro rata, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.