Put simply, we help our customers get the right mix of cloud services they need to power their business. Our managed hybrid cloud services are unique in Scotland, combining private cloud and colocation from our data centres in Aberdeen and Dundee, with public cloud services from AWS. With 25 years of experience, we’re a first choice as trusted advisors to help Scotland’s public and private sector take full advantage of the potential and benefits of the cloud. This breadth of solution and level of experience sets us apart from other companies. We put our customers first, always. Our skilled and highly certified team pride ourselves on building strong relationships and getting cloud right for our customers – every time.
What will you do at Brightsolid
Brightsolid is looking for an experienced Finance Manager with proven experience of leading the accounting function of a fast-paced business. Do you consistently exceed expectations and are committed to driving the business forward? If so, we have an exciting opportunity to join our innovative and growing business in Dundee, Aberdeen and Edinburgh?
The role is varied and busy. Duties will include:
- Overseeing the end-to-end finance operation
- Preparing monthly management accounts, provide and present monthly report to the Executive Team
- Preparing annual budgets at cost centre level
- Preparing quarterly forecast models
- Providing monthly financial reports and interpret financial information to leadership team
- Working closely with Sales and be a key contributor to the sales governance process
- Preparing monthly cashflow forecasts and report variances
- Analysing costs, pricing, gross profit, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plan
- Liaising with auditors as part of the annual audit
- Preparing product profitability report on a quarterly basis
- Line management of the Assistant Accountant
What are we looking for?
- Strong finance experience within a busy finance function
- Work to strict deadlines
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills.
- Flexible approach and an ability to handle fast moving requirements
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively with all areas of the business, customers, suppliers and partners
- Ability to take parameters of the role and work autonomously
- Keenness to ensure Finance adds value to the business
- Self-motivated with strong sense of ownership and accountability
- A team player. Whilst this role is independent from the technical teams, it will work closely across all teams, developing relationships and good working practices across the business.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, hybrid flexible role with travel to our Dundee office as and when required. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.