Finance Assistant/Credit Controller
PSP Media Group are a publishing and events company centrally based at Speirs View in Glasgow. Part of DC Thomson Media we publish and deliver some of the biggest and best publications and consumer events in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Finance Assistant/Credit Controller to join our Finance Team on a part time basis.
The successful candidate will be solely responsible for debt collection, reporting back to our Head of Finance. The main duties will be to pro-actively reduce debt via the phone, letter and emails while maintaining good customer relations with our clients. You will also be required to assist the Finance Team with administrative duties.
Skills & Experience
Must be comfortable and competent at managing a portfolio of accounts, processing and generating reminder letters, negotiating repayment plans and managing your own ledger
- Working knowledge of Sage Accounting System
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
YOU need to be
- a motivated team member with the following qualities:
- strong communication skills both verbal and written
- strong organisational skills
- experience in dealing with high volume accounts
- flexible with good time management
What’s in it for YOU:
- 20 hours per week / Monday to Friday
- 34 days paid holidays per annum (pro-rata)
- Permanent Contract
- Excellent Company Pension Scheme
- Excellent Company Benefits – incl your birthday off after 1 year service
This is a permanent role with an immediate start date. The post is part time working 20 hours per week over five days with hours ideally 10am until 2pm with a degree of flexibility.