Events Sponsorship Director
We are passionate about print and driven by a digital future. The Stylist Group will provide fast moving, intelligent content for the Met Set.
Building a new model for publishing. From the disciplines of the existing business, Stylist will develop new and profitable revenues streams. Investing in our people and expertise to create and monetise content in new ways.
Stylist Studios, is the single largest investment into the business and pivotal to the future success. Accounting for over 50% of the revenues and with ambitions to grow this further and to become a leading commercial content agency for our brand partners, the Events division sits within Stylist Studios.
One of our key objectives for The Stylist Group is to significantly grow the number of events in the next 12 months. This role is integral to this to ensure we meet, or over achieve our commercial objectives.
To own the event sponsorship budget for the Stylist Group event portfolio, and build a plan for the whole sales team to pull together and reach commercial targets.
Overall responsibility for the event sponsorship budget for the Stylist Group event portfolio.
Build plan to over achieve target on each individual event, and work with the whole sales team to deliver.
Create compelling sales deck for each event and ensure sales team are briefed on all sponsorship opportunities.
- Actively seek out new opportunities to generate revenues to exceed set targets for all Stylist events.
- Create a strategy for each individual event for how you will work with the sales team to achieve target
- Create compelling sales collateral and ensure sales team are briefed on what to sell
- Create and cost up easy to sell (and buy) sponsorship packages, at various budget levels, for each event
- Working with Stylist Studios commercial content team to build cross platform content packages to support each event sponsorship, and articulate the role of content in supporting and amplifying the events sponsorships
- Work in tandem with Events operations team to maximise profit on each partnership
- Report on commercial progress regularly to senior team
- Support sales team on incoming briefs with an activation element
- To prioritise workload of proactive and reactive pitches effectively
- To negotiate and close deals
- To create and keep an updated pipeline of deals under discussion
- Actively develop effective relationships with appropriate PR, Media and Sponsorship agencies and in particular with key client contacts
- Develop strong internal relationships with key content, commercial and events stakeholders
- Raise the profile of The Stylist Group events expertise externally developing close relationships with senior decision-makers
- Maintaining good market knowledge on clients/agencies, keeping up to date notes and mailing lists, and establishing good relationships with the decision-making unit at client/agency
- Be competent in relevant industry research, plus bespoke in-house research, and develop an effective sales narrative to secure business
- Maintaining a positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Attending business events as necessary to fulfil the obligations of the job and ensure own development and knowledge
- Adopting a creative approach to sales pitches, enlisting the help of other departments (e.g. Editorial, Commercial) to maximise revenue opportunities for every event
- Having a sound knowledge of the Stylist brand and USP and opportunities on each platform
- Attend all events which are sponsored and manage clients
- Invite potential sponsors to all events
- Proven sponsorship success
- Combination of creative ideation ability alongside practical understanding of events logistics
- Excellent sponsorship sales ability, persuasive and personable
- Understanding of insight and how to interpret it for event selling
- Highly numerate, able to work on media plans, budget and deals
- A professional team player with a positive and can-do attitude
- Thrives under pressure, targets and deadlines
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
To apply, please send a covering email outlining why you are best suited to this role, plus your CV to Managing Director, Commercial: Sophie.email@example.com
Please note: We thank you in advance for any applications; only candidates invited for interview will be contacted. No Agencies please.