Education Marketing Manager
Aceville Publications (part of the DC Thomson group) is looking for an Education Marketing Manager to join its team based in Colchester.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for and experience in the education sector, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to quickly grasp technical and creative concepts. You must be able to generate and present marketing content and be well versed in all aspects of promotional activity digitally, socially and online.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and interpret audience insight to help grow our teacher database and revenues
- Lead on all education marketing campaigns in collaboration with members of the education team
- Support the achievement monitoring of education objectives and KPIs
- Monitor the achievement of sales targets and implement strategies as required
- Develop pathways for audiences not limited to (schools, teachers, parents)
- Liaising with our editorial, digital, advertising and promotion staff to deliver campaigns
- Maximise brand awareness across the entire education sector
- Ensure engagement levels are maximised
- Coordinate and manage education product pricing structures
- Manage, maintain and monitor the education department marketing budget
- Create, implement and report on marketing campaigns for all education products and services
- Conduct research to determine market potential, and identify needs or trends to develop customer-specific digital marketing plan
- Perform competitive analysis to understand how the competition is placed
- Conduct gap analysis to identify opportunities to grow the business with the customer via new revenue channels
- Analyse P&L and provide analytical insights to sales
- Manage the planning and execution of promotions
- Define and develop print and digital promotions (for new and existing products) including but not limited to banners, emails, landing pages and digital campaigns that drive sales
- Define and develop annual marketing plans and creative briefs that are in line with category objectives, including the development of promotions, managing the promotional P&L, tracking and auditing
- Create and develop actionable insights
- Support all aspects of life cycle management
- Develop and deliver KPIs and plans for our third party strategic partnerships
- Keep up to date with the changing needs of the education market
The above list is not exhaustive and the Education Marketing Manager will be required to work on specific projects as required, to fulfil the purpose of the marketing and education department.
- Significant marketing experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience working within an education environment
- Excellent copywriting, presentational and communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative
- A data-driven approach and an eagerness to measure, monitor and continually improve performance
- Ability to prioritise and manage a diverse range of projects all the same time and hit deadlines
- Ability to report on campaign effectiveness and produce detailed reports
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is permanent, full-time position working from our Colchester office. We offer a generous package including an excellent Pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.